Bose vs ultrasone
May 2, 2013 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

sloomingbla

500+ Head-Fier
I have the hfi 580 and i have had my friend listen to them (he likes dubstep and electronic just like me) but he INSISTS that bose is much better. Technically he has only heard 300$ and 1000$ bose which i can understand him thinking that from listening to those but what my question is, is would my hfi 580 be better than or equal to a 300$ pair of bose? He is driving me crazy with this. He thinks mine sound decent... -.-

May 3, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 25
Your friend have untrained ears 
tongue.gif

May 3, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #4 of 25
Its an opinion. Anyways, a lot of people like the Bose QC15 here.

May 3, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #5 of 25
Why the "pissing contest"? Yu both should just enjoy your music and call it a day :)

But from a sound quality perspective the QC15 can't beat the Ultrasones, however, QC15 do have the best active noise cancellation I have ever heard. To listen to music anywhere else than a plane though, I would prefer the Ultrasones. Personally, I have the Pro 750 and love them to bits.

May 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #6 of 25
He probably doesn't know how to compare, or know what he is listening to when he hears something. It takes a little experience and knowledge. Also I think it doesn't make any sense to say that a brand (bose) is better than a certain pair of headphones from a company that make many. Like saying Grado is better than the Sennheiser HD 600's or something like that. You know? Just do not put too much thought into it, at the end of the day its your equipment and all that matters is your opinion.

May 3, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #7 of 25
I think I'd prefer the Bose.
Ultrasones s-logic drives me nuts. I can't stand it. 

Is Bose technically better? probably not, but even if you like the same music, you might not like to hear the music in the same way.

May 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:
greg, you are the reason why i spent 300 eur on momentum!! love them. thanks

Thank you squashed-nose-green-man! (sorry about your wallet!)

May 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #12 of 25
Lol. Well,  he still thinks they are really good so obviously the slogic is working.

Guess he just likes the sound signature of the bose more then my ultrasone's :frowning2:

Anyways, he is one of the most stubborn people i have ever met, so even though we are technically comparing headphones that i got for 120$ (now 150$ on amazon) vs 300$ bose that technically speaking dont have as good tech as my headphones do... still thinks bose are the best in every way -.-

What im trying to prove to him is that bose isnt the best possible for the money and that there are other companies out there that will give you more bang for your buck.

Stubborn. Very stubborn.

May 3, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:
Lol. Well,  he still thinks they are really good so obviously the slogic is working.

Guess he just likes the sound signature of the bose more then my ultrasone's :frowning2:

Anyways, he is one of the most stubborn people i have ever met, so even though we are technically comparing headphones that i got for 120$ (now 150$ on amazon) vs 300$ bose that technically speaking dont have as good tech as my headphones do... still thinks bose are the best in every way -.-

What im trying to prove to him is that bose isnt the best possible for the money and that there are other companies out there that will give you more bang for your buck.

Stubborn. Very stubborn.

I'm sure if you pushed a Sennheiser HD800 in his direction he'd probably complain about the lack of bass and say it's inferior to bose because he can hear everything around him due to the open back design.
If you simply break the argument down to those two core requirements HE'S ABSOLUTELY RIGHT - the Bose IS BETTER.... but everyone has different needs and priorities - maybe his will change in future. Maybe not.

May 3, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #15 of 25
I have had bose and Ultrasone headphones and I greatly preferred the bose. the 580 doesn't sound much better to justify how terrible uncomfortable it is. Ae2s can be worn for hours on end, which makes it easier to enjoy your music. I found myself adjusting the 580's every 20 minutes, even with a new headband and ear pads.
The ultrasones I would say are better with electronica and rap but the bose everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back