Bose Triports or Quiet Comforts
Apr 2, 2003 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

johnny sack

100+ Head-Fier
Maybe it is just that I haven't been a member long enough, but is there any reason that I never see people talking about these products?

I assume that just because they are Bose they are probably well over-priced for what they are, but are either of them decent headphones anyway?

I have tried them both out, but it was just for a small demo in the Bose store - not really long enough to tell too much.

Any thoughts?

Apr 2, 2003 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by johnny sack
Maybe it is just that I haven't been a member long enough, but is there any reason that I never see people talking about these products?

I assume that just because they are Bose they are probably well over-priced for what they are, but are either of them decent headphones anyway?

I have tried them both out, but it was just for a small demo in the Bose store - not really long enough to tell too much.

Any thoughts?

I'm sure there are many people here with more experience with the Triports then I, but since finding this site less than a week ago I've been on a listening frenzy. I have tried the Triports twice, and while very very comfortable and good isolation, they can't hold a candle to any other set I was considering for home use. These include among others Grado 60/80s, and Senn 480/497s. Comparing for instance the relatively cheap $50-$60 497's versus the price fixed $150 Triports the difference is night and day. And at $150, this opens up whole set of other options that I wasn't considering and I'd expect would sound even better.

Like I said, they're comfortable as hell though.

Apr 2, 2003 at 5:35 PM Post #3 of 6
i tried the triport against some grados, and the triport sounded congested and echoey.

for $150, for even better sound and comfort try to find some sony cd1700 used.

at that price (or less) i can recommend the ety er6, the grado sr125, and the sony d66 eggo.

Apr 2, 2003 at 8:47 PM Post #4 of 6
I would definitely get a pair of Eggos before Bose.
Really, Bose is nothing that I am considering buying, I am just curious and trying to learn as much about all types of headphones as possible.

Apr 2, 2003 at 9:20 PM Post #5 of 6
Here is a recent review that I was impressed with.

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=29191

Very objective, which is nice in a world where Bose is frequently relegated to dismissal. Not that it shouldn't be dismissed, but it is nice to see a serious review now and then. The bottom line is that they might have a sound that some will like, but for the money you can do a lot better with something like Eggos or the Beyer DT250-80.

Apr 2, 2003 at 11:25 PM Post #6 of 6
i threw away my friend's bose triport after listing to them for 5 minutes, because im too used to d66's smooth sound
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back