Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones
Sep 20, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #482 of 1,152
Had the chance to listen to these yesturday. They were a surprise both SQ wise (and I´ve never liked Bose stuff before) and above all in comfort. Possibly the most comfortable headphone I´ve ever tried. I´ll probably be getting these for work at some point.

Anyone used these with the new iPhone 7? Any issues with connectivity etc?

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #483 of 1,152
They sweat while I have them on at home.

Sep 20, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #484 of 1,152
Had the chance to listen to these yesturday. They were a surprise both SQ wise (and I´ve never liked Bose stuff before) and above all in comfort. Possibly the most comfortable headphone I´ve ever tried. I´ll probably be getting these for work at some point.

Anyone used these with the new iPhone 7? Any issues with connectivity etc?

Not wanting to rain on the topic, but at this time I'd not get the QC35 without trying the 1000x . they're getting better reviews for noise canceling, sound quality and interface +features,even build quality.

(I don't have any of the two and am/was considering both)

Sep 20, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #486 of 1,152
That 1000x looks sexy.

Sep 21, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #487 of 1,152

I have the iPhone 7 plus and i am really enjoying the bose 35 and v-moda wireless with these phone comping from s7 edge.Whatever apple did with the sound in this iteration sounds damn nice 

I don´t think Apple has anything to do with the sound, except for making sure the Bluetooth is up to spec/latest version. With wireless headphones the critical circuitry (DAC/amp) is inside the headphones. It just takes a digital signal from from the phone via (hopefully stable) Bluetooth.

It´s a very nice phone though, will definitely drive the move towards wireless. I´m just in the process of selling my 3.5mm jack gear.

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #488 of 1,152
  I don´t think Apple has anything to do with the sound, except for making sure the Bluetooth is up to spec/latest version. With wireless headphones the critical circuitry (DAC/amp) is inside the headphones. It just takes a digital signal from from the phone via (hopefully stable) Bluetooth.

It´s a very nice phone though, will definitely drive the move towards wireless. I´m just in the process of selling my 3.5mm jack gear.

Actually, the phone does determine the audio codec which streams over bluetooth. iPhone stream AAC while Bluetooth defaults to SBC (which doesn't sound very good). Some android phones do support APT-X but I'm unsure if the QC35 supports APT-x

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #489 of 1,152

Yes it does make a difference when i had the note 7 the sound was not the same, with the iPhone its more immersive...very hard to explain but the phone does play a part in the sound not just the dac from headphones
gs1000.gif

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #490 of 1,152
Yes you are correct about the sound, on the two droids i had s7 edge and note 7 bluetooth sounded like poop(samsung needs to improve in this area). the bose  35 qc does not support apt-x  i am  not sure its something they can support with a update but this iteration of headphones no apt-x.I was hoping they would add it in when iPhones became lightning port only....but its still early i guess...only time will tell.I am enjoying these headphones tho makes it nice and quiet.

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #493 of 1,152
Well

I had the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0s and now using the Bose QC 35s

Hands down the sound quality from the M2s were an 8.5 and so far the Bose is like a 7. Mids are weak and overall it doesn't have that punch.

Never the less I brought back the M2s because of the noise cancellation or lack of really. It's barely there. It's more like a 5 of 10 and Bose is an 8.5 of 10.

Styling wise the bose silver looks good. A bit of an industry boring design but it's functional. So 6 of 10 The Momentum s looked cool but they also wore big. 7 of 10 I kept moving the pads on my ears on the M2s. Too much pressure from the over head band. The comfort of the QC35s are impressive . 9 of 10. Just little pressure and enough to close the ears from outside noise.

So far I'm happy with the bose . I love music so unfortunately it's not the strong point but I fly often and I prefer a quiet listening experience .

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #494 of 1,152
Well

I had the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0s and now using the Bose QC 35s

Hands down the sound quality from the M2s were an 8.5 and so far the Bose is like a 7. Mids are weak and overall it doesn't have that punch.

Never the less I brought back the M2s because of the noise cancellation or lack of really. It's barely there. It's more like a 5 of 10 and Bose is an 8.5 of 10.

Styling wise the bose silver looks good. A bit of an industry boring design but it's functional. So 6 of 10 The Momentum s looked cool but they also wore big. 7 of 10 I kept moving the pads on my ears on the M2s. Too much pressure from the over head band. The comfort of the QC35s are impressive . 9 of 10. Just little pressure and enough to close the ears from outside noise.

So far I'm happy with the bose . I love music so unfortunately it's not the strong point but I fly often and I prefer a quiet listening experience .
Don't let the 1000x tempt you when it comes out.

Sep 23, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #495 of 1,152
Don't let the 1000x tempt you when it comes out.

It's been out for a long time now, at least here.  Two weeks maybe. I almost bought one already to try but managed to control myself... will leave it for when I really need to have a trip somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back