Bose on ears what some may not realize
Oct 25, 2010 at 7:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jrkong

Formerly known as ak47-whaaa
Member of the Trade: SPEAR Labs
i have heard bad reviews about Bose here but i saw the bose on ears for 40 bucks so i got them

first of all I would agree that bose is overrated and over priced

But i would disagree that the Bose sound sig is matched by a 70 dollar OME what many people may not realize is the response (especially the bass) is EXTREMELY reliant on the equalizer being used, the bass on the Bose OE can be heavy and overpowering but most of that can be really controlled with the equalizer

i noticed this difference when my brother accidentally changed my equalizer to rock and i was listening to Makes Me Wounder by Maroon 5 and I immediately noticed the sound difference especially in the bass.

I will not hesitate to say that i am new here but i do have my fair share of experience with headphones including using the hd 650s before my dad sold them, it was pretty hard to go to different headphones

Oct 25, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #2 of 5
ps i am trying to find a hd 650 at around 200-275 range i miss the sound and im a high school student and im poor i live in markham canada

Oct 26, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 5
i got em off of kijiji i found the build quality can really depend on when the on ears are made due to the hinge loosening if you aren't careful but i turned em in for warrantyand they sent me a new pair so i know they are legit

main problem with people fearing Bose is because these headphones are vary reliant on the equalizers and as i previously mentioned the bass changed dramatically according to the eq setting. when i went to the apple store i did a side by side comparison with the p5 from B&W and they were fairly close

Users who are viewing this thread

Back