Bose is the best...
Nov 15, 2003 at 3:46 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by jefemeister
they also somehow suckered Herbie Hancock into selling his soul for the Bose Radio.

I think he honestly thinks the Bose is a good product.

For a Boombox, you can't get much better
(though it is overpriced).

Nov 15, 2003 at 4:46 AM Post #17 of 23
Fewtch, you are too funny.

I need an excuse to leave head-fi anyway. I tried once before, but it's so addictive, this time I'm going to break away, I know I can, I just know it!!!!

Your criticism of me has been conveniently deleted from my post.
tongue.gif

But I admit, I've had a great time here.
cool.gif
The moderating here is exceptional.

My time is better spent with my friends and family.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll read the posts anyway.

Quote:

Originally posted by fewtch
LOL!!
280smile.gif

Sorry... this may be the "good sound" center of the Internet (or one of them anyway), but Head-Fi is in no way an "intellectual" forum. Lots of money, escapism, wallet damage, pricey headphones and gear, light chat about music... not much in the way of deep thought happening around here. Intellectually speaking, this is all very shallow, narrow stuff.

"If it sounds good, it is good"... true or false, that's a non-intellectual statement. For better or worse, this forum is focused on emotions, escapism and pleasure seeking. Purely an entertainment forum, and in no way a scientific forum (except maybe some of the DIY talk).

Just MHO and 2 cents worth. BTW, this is not a complaint -- I'm in here with everyone else, and enjoying it.

Nov 15, 2003 at 4:52 AM Post #18 of 23
Yup, he owns BOSE stock!
biggrin.gif

Sorry to see you go if you do go, your posts have always been very enjoyable!
frown.gif

Nov 15, 2003 at 5:07 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Steve999
Fewtch, you are too funny.

I need an excuse to leave head-fi anyway. I tried once before, but it's so addictive, this time I'm going to break away, I know I can, I just know it!!!!

Your criticism of me has been conveniently deleted from my post.
tongue.gif

Steve, I honestly didn't mean it as a criticism... I really have enjoyed your posts a lot, and would be sorry to see you go -- Head-Fi needs more positive, upbeat and unbiased attitudes like yours.

Just a little puzzled over the fact that you would choose Bose-bashing as a reason to do so. It's hardly reasonable to expect people to be reasonable about Bose...
tongue.gif

All the best to you, whatever you decide to do...

Nov 16, 2003 at 6:03 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

"If it sounds good, it is good"... true or false, that's a non-intellectual statement.

Actually, it is an intellectual statement since it's a quote referring to creativity and the creation of new music, being unconstrained by old traditional voicings in music, phrasings etc, and can be applied to other things in life, as we are using it here.

I'd like to see more bose reviews here to get some more relatively objective views flowing
smily_headphones1.gif
Could be useful to shoot down Bose fans who come here
600smile.gif

Nov 16, 2003 at 6:13 AM Post #21 of 23
oh come on. is bose really so bad? it seems to me their biggest problem is that their over hyped and over priced. Ok, their biggest two problems. If you'd never heard of them before, and if they were cheaper, would they really get bashed so much?

Nov 16, 2003 at 6:37 AM Post #22 of 23
come on people admit it. bose rules!!! they are actually the best sounding speakers anyone can ever hear in their lifetime.

you just need 70 years to burn-in.

Nov 16, 2003 at 5:54 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by Czilla9000
I think he honestly thinks the Bose is a good product.
Quote:

Originally posted by jefemeister
they also somehow suckered Herbie Hancock into selling his soul for the Bose Radio.

even worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back