BOSE IE2 specification discuss
May 27, 2012 at 12:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Saobekolak

New Head-Fier
is there anyone know about Bose IE2 specification?
ie:

1. Transducer type :?
  2. Operating principle :?
  3. Frequency response : ?
  4. Impedance : ---
  5. Sensitivity : ?
  6. Maximum Input Power : ?
  7. Rated Power :?
  8. Cable : ---
  9. Connection :---
  10. Weight :---
There are some specs that i know:

[size=1.1em] Cable : Cable length from earbud to headphone plug =45.25 in (115 cm)[/size]

[size=1.1em] Weight : IE headphones weight with cables and StayHear tips =.65 oz (18.5 g)[/size]

Connection : Stereo mini jack plug 3.5 mm
Impedance: ~ 90 - 94 Ohm (*)

i've bought an bose ie2 a week ago, and sound's good for me. I wanna know some specs of it.
is there any one?

(*): i manually measure it my self:

May 27, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
I don't think Bose likes to release specifications for any of their headphones for some reason...

Yep.
i can't find any specs of bose products so it's a reason why i create this discuss..
anyway, what do you think about bose ie2 impedance? 90 Ohm? (i listen with combo iPod Classic + bose ie2 without amp, and it still have good sound quanlity)

Aug 25, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #5 of 8
Very old thread that won't get much traction for you sampya.

the IE2 does not have any specs available. But to give you an idea of it's signature, it is a very shallow V shaped signature with slightly elevated bass and treble. The bass is slightly boomy in nature but not severely so unlike the original IE model which a bit of a boom canon. The mids are on the warm side and pleasant, the treble is not super extended but is decent.

The biggest thing about the sound is that it lacks detail so while a step up from the basic buds is not comparable to a lot of other IEM's in it's price range. This issue is actually made worse by the IE2's lack of isolation primarily. BUT if you need lack of isolation as a requirement these are a good option. The IE2 is also one of the most comfortable earphones made.

I have bought and sold many headphones but the IE2 is one that I have never sold off. While I don't use it often it's lack of isolation and comfort are a good combination for certain applications such as bike riding where I need to be aware of my surroundings.

if isolation is actually needed I would recommend the Shure SE215 as a starting place and reading through Jokers excellent IEM review thread focusing on the price range your looking at. If isolation is important but not all important also look at the Phillips S1.

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #6 of 8
thanks dweaver. yes i will consider those but i preferentially want earphones without the rubber thingy at its end. a design similar to the bose ie2 but with better clarity output and bass effect. so could you suggest some other ones?

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #7 of 8
You might want to try one of the Monster sport earphones that don't use a rubber tip or possibly the sennheiser sport models that doesn't use a standard IEM style tip. Other than that you ar looking at the old fashioned bud style earphone or going away from earphone altogether.

Sep 29, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #8 of 8
I FEELTHAT ON USE OF MY NEW AUDIO TECHNICA ATH WS77 HEADPHONES ON FULL VOLUME REGULARLY. . . ITS BASS EFFECT HAS REDUCED FROM ITS ORIGINAL EFFECT TO ABOUT 80%(i.e reduction in the magnitude quality and heaviness of the bass effect i got when i had just bought them and tried it on; its been just a month now)

ANYBODY ELSE NOTICE A SIMILAR PROBLEM UNDER SIMILAR CIRCUMSTANCES? PLEASE HELP ME. THANK YOU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back