BOSE IE2 In Ear Headphones
Jun 8, 2013 at 2:36 AM Post #31 of 54
on a positive note, their fit is excellent. they might be great for jogging and the like, for they never drop out of the ear easily. quite a bit of pull and tug required. so there is that postive there.

Jun 9, 2013 at 5:24 AM Post #32 of 54
These are not rubbish and show me the earphone for 15$ that matches them.

Whoever buys Bose should't expect audiophile grade earphones. But these have advantages: they don't block your earcanal (some people don't like that), they have a very well rounded and enjoyable bass and, as you understood yourself, they fit gorgeously well and are very comfortable to wear. Especially the way they fit makes them unique. I wish, other manufacturers were that creative.

Also, the customer service of Bose is outstanding. We sent in our 1st generation pair with a completely ruined cable for repair. Bose couldn't repair them, but they offered a set of the new version with 50% reduction compared to retail price. That, although the old pair was like 5 years old.

Soundwise it is everyones personal choice. There is no reason to insult people who like how they sound. Not everybody needs audiophile grade stuff.

Jun 10, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #33 of 54
Quote:
These are not rubbish and show me the earphone for 15$ that matches them.

Whoever buys Bose should't expect audiophile grade earphones. But these have advantages: they don't block your earcanal (some people don't like that), they have a very well rounded and enjoyable bass and, as you understood yourself, they fit gorgeously well and are very comfortable to wear. Especially the way they fit makes them unique. I wish, other manufacturers were that creative.

Also, the customer service of Bose is outstanding. We sent in our 1st generation pair with a completely ruined cable for repair. Bose couldn't repair them, but they offered a set of the new version with 50% reduction compared to retail price. That, although the old pair was like 5 years old.

Soundwise it is everyones personal choice. There is no reason to insult people who like how they sound. Not everybody needs audiophile grade stuff.

My sentiments exactly, although I would say "Not everyone needs audiophile grade stuff at all times."

Jun 12, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #34 of 54
bubsdaddy, agreed. On the go usually the sound is always polluted anyway.
I see in your profile that you have the Miles Davies Tribute phones. Are they any good for the money? Compared to the Bose, Triple Fi or CX 300.

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #35 of 54
I love the Miles Davis Tribute but I only paid $99 for them. More bass than any of the 3, clarity of the Triple-fi is better. It's very nice looking with the blue cable and gold buds. It's my wife's favorite IEM.

Jul 25, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #36 of 54
I picked up  a pair of Bose MIE2 earler today and have been listening to them nonstop for some 5 hours now and just switched back to my trusty HD25s now that I got back home.

I've used headphones, earbuds and in-ears for some 30 years now but this is the first time I've ever had this type of hybrid earbud/iem.

I got these with the intention of having something to listen to during backpacking outdoors and a general everyday in-ear phone.

What tipped the scales for me to get them is the fit. They fit me wonderfully! I can hardly feel them and I've worn them now 5 hours straight. I can still hear the outside world which is a plus when you navigate the streets of a city or want to hear what's around you while still listening to music/radio/speech from your music player/phone.

So what's the sound like?

First off, this is what you don't get with these: There is no oomph, thump, or heavy bass.

What you do get is detail and balance (in moderation). I hear a balanced mid and high and a mid bass. The highs sound coloured to me, but that's me being used to HD25 and HD650, which also changes tone when i use a different headphone amp. Not a biggie. A violin still sounds like a violin although not quite as I am used to.

I noticed a big difference when I got home and there is no external noise. I can hear more details and even the (mid)bass sounds pleasant with detail in percussion easily picked up.

I quite like the sound signature. My most recent IEMs before this has been the UE700 which I've had about a year until the cord started to give up on me. These have less recessed mids, more coloured highs, less bass but well behaved.

My initial impression after only 5-6 hours of listening is a decent mid-fi in-ear headphone without much bass but decent detail in the music. Fairly pleasant overall. You wont get blown away by the sound but you wont hate it unless you love your bass.

So decent sound with amazing fit and you're still aware of your surroundings. Probably not competitively priced if sound is all you're looking for, but the combo of features is something I hope will suit me.

Time will tell.

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #37 of 54
I don't find them to be lacking in bass. Well, maybe compared to a traditional isolating IEM that's true. Have you tried a larger set of the tips? That may make a difference in bass content.

Jul 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #38 of 54
Well. I don't mind the lack of bass. I'm not a basshead by any means. I just noted that the bass isn't the signature of this headphone, and it's less of it compared to many others that I've listened to. But what there is of it is quite good with plenty of detail, at least when it's quiet.

I haven't tried the other tips yet and I don't think I will as long as I like the standard size as much as I do. These small, strangely looking fellas are actually comfortable. It's early days but the fit seems near perfect for my ears.

Jul 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #39 of 54
I agree on the fit. I still use the tips that don't have the "StayHear" wing. They are just so amazingly transparently comfortable.

I know people slag on Bose but, seriously, why don't audiophile manufacturers pay attention to comfort and, to a lesser degree, style when they engineer their headphones/earphones?

Jul 27, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #40 of 54

Definitely agree with this. When I went to the Bose store last year to replace my QC15s (still under warranty), and saw a guy trade in his 10 year old old QC2 for a brand new pair of QC15s for 50% off retail. Really, I was beyond shocked. And my own experience was good, they replaced mine no questions asked.

And just last week, my brother took his in because he was getting a faint popping sound on his cans. They replace his with a brand new pair in a sealed box.

So far, I've been really impressed with the customer service, truly phenomenal.

Jul 30, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #41 of 54
My first impression of the Bose MIE2i when using it with iphone 5. The most comfortable IEM I used in my whole life.
The sound is good, but it kind of missing something, maybe a more bass would seal the deal.

I was not totally happy with it until today when I connected it to my first gen Sansa Clip. I must say, besides that the button doesn´t work with the Clip,
that is a perfect match for each other. I´m very satisfied what sound I get from it. :-D

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #42 of 54
I went to the Bose store to ask for assistance with my recently purchased refurbished Soundlink. While I was talking to the Bose employee, I couldn't help but notice how good the new Soundlink Mini sounded, especially for the size of the unit. I made a statement to the effect of how much nicer the Mini would be for traveling as that was why I purchased the original Soundlink. The salesperson looked up my unit on his computer and let me know I could just do an even exchange for the new Mini if I wanted to. I did and left with a brand new Mini which i use everywhere now. It has almost the same sound as the full size Soundlink at lower and moderate volumes and takes up very little space. This thing fills a hotel room with awesome sound and is about the size of the original Jawbone Jambox (which sounds like a toy in comparison).

Bose customer service is deserving of it's reputation.

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #43 of 54
Their customer service is second to none. I had the first gen. iPod dock go out on me last year and they exchanged it for the newer one for $100. To sweeten the pot, they even threw in a pair of bose ie1 gratis! I love Bose for what they are, good-simple-no frills audio equipment. Great for anyone with limited space but can't stand the conventional JVC boombox. :)

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #44 of 54
Yeah I have had these for a year and I'm not impressed. High's are recessed, Mid's sound meh, and bass is bloated. My first pair of supposedly high end headphones and even to me they don't sound much better than my apple earpod's. Let alone being worth $100, maybe $40. I also have to send them back because the cord is frayed where the cord and earpiece meet.
frown.gif

Apr 1, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #45 of 54
Ie2 is very thick voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back