Bose IE(1?) earbuds went through the wash and lost the little mesh screen thing....
Jan 8, 2011 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ferrari353

New Head-Fier
Yeah, so I forgot my earbuds in my jacket pocket after a long car trip and I was really tired and I did laundry...I didn't really check my pockets and I found my Bose earbuds after the wash, so they didn't go through the dryer.  The little metal mesh screen thing that is inside the earbud part (Not really sure what it's for) was gone on one of the ear buds.  It had been coming loose lately, but I thought nothing of it and I figured if need be, I can always super glue it together.  Well, it's gone now.  Also, It's a couple days later now, I tried them, and they work perfectly fine :D
So, a couple questions now.
  • Do I need the little mesh screen thing?
  • If so, is there any way I can get my hands on a new little mesh screen thing?

Thanks in advance!
PS: If nobody knows what I am talking about (I don't know what the little mesh screen thing is actually called....) I can take a picture.

Jan 8, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #2 of 5
The "mesh" thing is what we call an audio filter. What it does is that it filters the sound to remove undesirable bits of it like harsh treble and also to prevent dust from entering the drivers. If you cannot hear the difference dont worry as the difference is very small.

Quote:
Yeah, so I forgot my earbuds in my jacket pocket after a long car trip and I was really tired and I did laundry...I didn't really check my pockets and I found my Bose earbuds after the wash, so they didn't go through the dryer.  The little metal mesh screen thing that is inside the earbud part (Not really sure what it's for) was gone on one of the ear buds.  It had been coming loose lately, but I thought nothing of it and I figured if need be, I can always super glue it together.  Well, it's gone now.  Also, It's a couple days later now, I tried them, and they work perfectly fine :D
So, a couple questions now.
  • Do I need the little mesh screen thing?
  • If so, is there any way I can get my hands on a new little mesh screen thing?

Thanks in advance!
PS: If nobody knows what I am talking about (I don't know what the little mesh screen thing is actually called....) I can take a picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back