Bose Frequency Response Charts Released!
May 12, 2007 at 7:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

nibiyabi

Headphoneus Supremus
I was trying to explain how bad the Bose OE was to a friend of mine and things got a little carried away (credit to him for the best frequency response of all):

pwned-1.jpg

May 12, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #2 of 39
I've never heard that huge semi-circular midrange hump on the Orpheus.

May 12, 2007 at 7:35 PM Post #4 of 39
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

thast exactly how i explained them in one of my previous posts!

i do beleive the OE needs to be submerged in some sort of liquid though.

May 12, 2007 at 11:31 PM Post #8 of 39
but what is the point in pointing out how 'bad bose are'? i don't get it. some people hate grados or senns, each citing reasons and invariably for price as well. are bose not the same? you can dislike them or like them for any reason. sennheiser is the worlds biggest headphone manufakturer, not bose - if you want to hate some for that... go for senn. bose as far as i know are only popular in the states... that said, i love sennheiser - listening to my gf hd600 now.

who cares what you hate? just don't praise it... a product will have more publicity than you realise if you talk negatively about it even. i did the same for years with ipod... i was part of that rubbish circle who hate ipod for the sake of hating ipod as it is popular. i was md or die.. now the only use i see for md is portably, with iem... nothing is better as md do not hiss.

keep it up and you will buy bose
wink.gif

May 12, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #9 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but what is the point in pointing out how 'bad bose are'? i don't get it. some people hate grados or senns, each citing reasons and invariably for price as well. are bose not the same? you can dislike them or like them for any reason. sennheiser is the worlds biggest headphone manufakturer, not bose - if you want to hate some for that... go for senn. bose as far as i know are only popular in the states... that said, i love sennheiser - listening to my gf hd600 now.

who cares what you hate? just don't praise it... a product will have more publicity than you realise if you talk negatively about it even. i did the same for years with ipod... i was part of that rubbish circle who hate ipod for the sake of hating ipod as it is popular. i was md or die.. now the only use i see for md is portably, with iem... nothing is better as md do not hiss.

keep it up and you will buy bose
wink.gif

Good points. But I think in general (though certainly no litmus test) the negativity towards bose stems from a desire to steer people in "the right direction" according to those persons. They feel you and I can do a lot better with our hard earned money, and they feel that very, very strongly. Every major manufacturer is always going to have a hate-group that complains for the sake of complaining, (i.e. Walmart). But I think there are a great many people who speak badly about bose who don't do it for the sake of screwing over bose. I would certainly prefer to see the "uneducated" masses buy bose rather than the absolutley atrocious 2oo dollar boomboxes best buy pushes. (nothing against best buy, I shop there all the time). Just my 2 cents.

May 12, 2007 at 11:54 PM Post #10 of 39
I think there is an extra tendency to knock Bose as they are a heavily advertised and pushed product, and some of their past behaviour has been pretty questionable (Bose vs. Consumer Reports lawsuit).

May 12, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #11 of 39
I agree, it's important that we regularly rag on bose. If we didn't, newbies won't know any better and might waste money on bose instead of something superior. When I was young and uneducated I bought a few bose items, not knowing any better, such as the lifestyle 12 system. I can now see that it sounded crap and wish there had of been a forum like this to set me straight. Had to figure it out for myself and finally wound up with some nice B&Ws.

Also, the companies lies and their advertising is dishonest and misleading.

Anyway, lol at the graphs!

May 13, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
instead of something superior

Relative to what? This hobby is all subjective, and the opinion that the QC3s are better than, say, the W5000s is no more less valid than saying the opposite. Remember, it is opinion that BOSE sucks, not fact.

Funny picture, though
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2007 at 1:44 AM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Relative to what? This hobby is all subjective, and the opinion that the QC3s are better than, say, the W5000s is no more less valid than saying the opposite. Remember, it is opinion that BOSE sucks, not fact.

Funny picture, though
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh you are correct of course! Subjectively it's no ones business but yours which sound you prefer. I was referring to the empirical evidence, which I am not willing to go to the trouble of finding, it's here on the net if you look for it (freq. resp. graphs etc), that says that Bose produce technically, measurably, sonically inferior sound reproduction equipment than other companies at the same price point.
biggrin.gif

To me, because of the evidence I seen on the net and heard with my ears, Bose sucking, relative to other equipment in the same price range, is a fact. Only for me though, I don't expect anyone else to agree!

I like, commas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back