boredom and a soldering iron
Dec 30, 2002 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

CaptBubba

Not dumb enough fora custom title...so he thought.
Yeah, got bored, spent about three hours assembling, two hours tweaking, here's the result:

IMG_0145.JPG

Gained Szekeres, 70mA per transistor. +/-5V PS.

thoughts?

edit: oh yeah, star power and pround, hence the jumble of wires. Signal goes through the small green wires.

Dec 30, 2002 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 18
Does that come in an outdoorsy model? its simply too high class for me
wink.gif

seriously though. whats the benefits of what all you have done?

Dec 30, 2002 at 4:45 AM Post #3 of 18
nice...very..mmmm...unique...hehe.. really, i like to see some how people improvise it shows a lot about the person since it is almost an art...the art of improvisation... and CapBubba...you are great artist
wink.gif

were is the white power cord going? what king of supply are u using?

and... how does it sound??

m.
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2002 at 5:07 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

nice...very..mmmm...unique...hehe.. really, i like to see some how people improvise it shows a lot about the person since it is almost an art...the art of improvisation... and CapBubba...you are great artist
wink.gif

thanks, I think.

Quote:

were is the white power cord going? what king of supply are u using?

To the AC recepticle. There is a transformer behind the HS, with a diode bridge and some filter caps. The two regulators you can see in the top right and left corners of the heatsink.

Quote:

how does it sound??

better than it looks
wink.gif

Dec 30, 2002 at 5:21 AM Post #5 of 18
btw what the heck is your dog doing in your av? rofl.

Dec 30, 2002 at 5:31 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

thanks, I think.

Yeah…sorry, I can be very confusing with my writing …I wanted to say that I like it

Only 5v? that is pretty low, could you make a portable amp of it? ...or the battery will drain too fast? (class A, right?)

Are u using IRF 510 mosfets ?

m.

Dec 30, 2002 at 5:31 AM Post #7 of 18
enjoying a good ear scratch.

http://people.clemson.edu/~lrhodes/random/bug.jpg

You could conciveably make it portable, it would run about 10hrs on 8AA's. The problem is it dissapates about a Watt and a half, so it would warm you pocket right up. I can get away with using a dual 5V power supply because I don't listen at very high levels, which is why I can also get away with low bias currents.

I am using one IRF 510 (right channel) and an IRF820 for the left until I can stop by ratshack and buy another 510. The other one I had had a blown gate (I have no clue how it happened)

Dec 30, 2002 at 5:56 AM Post #8 of 18
Your dog looks like a demonic swine in that picture. I am sure your dog looks better in other pictures.

Dec 30, 2002 at 6:00 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Czilla9000
Your dog looks like a demonic swine in that picture. I am sure your dog looks better in other pictures.

lol looks like he's drunk.

puppies are so cute. i have a golden retriever.

Dec 30, 2002 at 6:13 AM Post #12 of 18
You see, here in america we have this wonderful invention. They are called "shorts" they are just like pants, except they are shorter.

Dec 30, 2002 at 6:17 AM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba
You see, here in america we have this wonderful invention. They are called "shorts" they are just like pants, except they are shorter.

rofl.

Dec 30, 2002 at 7:11 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by CaptBubba

Nice! Where can I get a pair of these "shorts". And do they have provision for my "third leg"?

Dec 30, 2002 at 7:13 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by elipsis
Nice! Where can I get a pair of these "shorts". And do they have provision for my "third leg"?

uh................................................ ..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back