Boredom and a digital camera
Mar 19, 2003 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

CaptBubba

Not dumb enough fora custom title...so he thought.
Well, it has been raining for perhaps a week straight now, so when the rain stopped for a while I grabbed my camera and went out to capture the coming spring, and to play with focus/object placement. What do you think?

Image 1 (583KB)

Image 2 (597KB)

Image 3 (524KB)

Image 4 (624KB)

Image 5 (946KB)

[size=xx-small]note: All images belong to me. Any unapproved use is a violation of copyright laws. Basically don't sell them or distribute them.[/size]

edit: upload complete

edit2: For those on dial-up/low res monitors. 800x600, 50KB-130KB (image 5).

Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4
Image 5
Image 6

Mar 19, 2003 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 28
Wow, I really like the 1st and 4th ones.
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2003 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by mclaren20
Wow, I really like the 1st and 4th ones.
biggrin.gif

Ditto. Those are some pretty shots.

What camera are you using?

Mar 19, 2003 at 11:52 PM Post #9 of 28
The 2nd one is blured, the 5th one doesn't have a focal point.

They are a bit big, it's easier to see if you don't have to scroll the explorer.

1, 3 & 4 are nice thou. But the still wasn't enough light to give the photo that extra bit to be it better. Try to shoot in better light next time, it'll make a word of difference.

Mar 20, 2003 at 12:16 AM Post #10 of 28
One more:

image 6 (560KB)

All of them were taken with a Canon Powershot S230, handheld while trying to beat off my dogs who love to take any oportunity to lick me. As for lighting... a flash was out of the question because of all the water reflecting back, and as I said I just grabbed the camera when I noticed it had stopped raining for a bit.

The images are big, but I kinda assumed people would download them and use a veiwer to look at them.

Mar 20, 2003 at 12:21 AM Post #11 of 28
I was just thinking why you didn't post any picture of your dogs trying to lick your face and then I saw your image#6. haha, it made me giggle for some reason, I am a sucker for animals. lol
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2003 at 2:07 AM Post #13 of 28
Hey, Iv'e seen that dog somewhere previously.
biggrin.gif

Now I need to go back and look at your pictures again to see what raymondlin was talking about. I am trying to learn to take pictures that people other than my mom would think were good.

Mar 20, 2003 at 2:27 AM Post #14 of 28
Is it me or do the out of focus areas look wierd. Take image 4 for example (which is a real nice shot BTW). Look at the trees in the upper left which are thrown way out of focus. They look wierd to me, almost like motion blur rather than just soft focus. The flower is sharp as a tac so it can't be motion blur.

Mar 20, 2003 at 3:53 AM Post #15 of 28
Ahaha, I didn't notice that. That's funny, I messed up the link and it pointed to that other picture.

Oddly fitting to that post.

This is the right image

As for the second image, it just caught my eye. I can't explain it, but it just grabbed me, especially the stark color contrast. Part of the flower is in focus (on the top left of the image), but the rest is just close enough to mess with my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back