Bluetooth&wireless IEM/Earbuds
Nov 6, 2018 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

haaa

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Have been searching around but not been able to find an overview of the small wireless (no wires, also not between the pieces) bluetooth IEM/Earbuds particularly the cheaper (Chinese) ones. Anyone can point me towards that?

In case it does not exist I am looking for:
- bluetooth 5.0
- smaller is better
- good fit
- preferably a bit water resistant (sweat for sport)
- be able to use both devices and both in single mode one at a time
- preferably long play duration and fast charging
- low price high sound quality (understand these contradicts but just looking for good value for money).

Maybe someone has been looking for something similar and found the perfect one.

thx

Nov 6, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #2 of 9
Totally happy with the 1More iBfree Bluetooth IEMs. Picking up a second back-up pair soon.

$54

• Standby: 10 days
  • Playback: 8 hours
  • Wireless range: 32 ft
  • Bluetooth: V4.1
  • Audio Codec: aptX
  • Waterproof: IPX 4
  • Weight: 14 g
  • Inline control with

They have an ear-hook which you can take off, then with the right tips; they totally stay in place. One of the best products I have purchased this year. There are 1 or 2 positive reviews at Head-Fi too. They sound amazing! Don’t cost much either. Note I have the first edition. There is a newer edition too, but it sounds the same I read.

Edit:

5 reviews!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/1more-ibfree-bluetooth-in-ear-headphones.21823/

Get them while you can, or be sorry.

https://www.amazon.com/1MORE-Earphones-Headphones-Waterproof-Compatible/dp/B01H7KQ1Q2

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #4 of 9
Thx for your fast reply but unfortunately these still have a wire between them so not suited for single usage.

oh.
sonycccc.jpg

Nov 6, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #5 of 9
You can consider Soul ST-XS - I believe the only requirement it does not fulfill is the Bluetooth version.
If you want a model that fulfilled all requirements, it will be Jabra Elite Active 65T but the price is almost twice as compared to Soul ST-XS.

Nov 6, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #6 of 9
You can consider Soul ST-XS - I believe the only requirement it does not fulfill is the Bluetooth version.
If you want a model that fulfilled all requirements, it will be Jabra Elite Active 65T but the price is almost twice as compared to Soul ST-XS.
thx. I even consider the Soul as pricey. I intend to buy 2 or 3 pairs so I always have a full one and if one is lost I can just get another. I understood that BT5.0 has a better range. I hope to still be able to use them when walking in the kitchen while my phone is laying on my desk. That way I cover the whole house :wink:.

Nov 6, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #7 of 9
C7F1F246-2EF7-404F-B930-1A963BCDA9DE.jpeg
thx. I even consider the Soul as pricey. I intend to buy 2 or 3 pairs so I always have a full one and if one is lost I can just get another. I understood that BT5.0 has a better range. I hope to still be able to use them when walking in the kitchen while my phone is laying on my desk. That way I cover the whole house :wink:.

Nov 6, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #8 of 9
Unfortunately, I don't think what you're looking for exists in a single package for a low price. At the moment, there isn't a staggering selection of true wireless. BT5.0 is still fairly uncommon, and flexible/single/asynchronous pairing (which I think is what you were looking for?) is pretty exceedingly rare.

The closest one to all of your features is probably the Earin M2, but it doesn't have BT5.0, won't charge very fast (still micro USB) and is fairly expensive at $250.

Otherwise, you might want to spend some time trolling through Indiegogo or some other crowdfunding places, though there is often a lot of risk involved there. One that gets close to your requirements is the ARIA, but again, there's a lot of high promises and hot garbage coming out of crowdfunding, so buyer beware.

Nov 6, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #9 of 9
To be honest, with the requirement, it is tough to find something that can fulfill all. There is always trade off. I will rather save up and get a good quality one. It is tough for you to lose the earbuds unless you are really blur.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back