Bluetooth - Help for a Beginner Guidance & In depth Knowledge Would be Fantastic!
Mar 21, 2017 at 9:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Share2Care

100+ Head-Fier
Good Evening All,

Do hope this finds you well. I must apologise from the outset as I am learning as much as I can and thoroughly enjoying myself, but with each turn of the page, a new chapter appears!

I am currently thoroughly enjoying my first dedicated Headphone Amp and Dac combo by Schiit Audio (The Jotunheim) who are well known and well respected on these forums. 

My Bluetooth questions are as follows;

With the Jotunheim, can I connect a module though the RCA SE connection so that Aptx Bluetooth can be sent to the Jotunheim and then played? Which unit would be suggested? If no, any other way of doing it? 

Which would you say is the best, most consistent, best sounding, battery life enduring way of turning a wired headphone to accept Aptx Bluetooth and become wireless in the process? The initial answer may be purchase a wireless headset, but I keep seeing devices making claims about making wired headphones Bluetooth without costing the same as a new headset and they say quality.. of Bluetooth streaming but no power to the headphone drivers = limp...lol?I Rather dubious so feel creative as this would be great and even better if it was not just one headphone dependent!

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Cheers :)

Mar 23, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 4
Have a look at the SMSL B1, which has both analogue and digital outputs, and try a Bluetooth Stereo Earphones Adaptor, something like those offered by Bestwe.
Another alternative, which could satisfy both requirements, is something like the Shanling M1, with many other possibilities too.

Mar 29, 2017 at 4:45 PM Post #3 of 4
Have a look at the SMSL B1, which has both analogue and digital outputs, and try a Bluetooth Stereo Earphones Adaptor, something like those offered by Bestwe.
Another alternative, which could satisfy both requirements, is something like the Shanling M1, with many other possibilities too.

That is great, thank you.

Also @zeropoint just wanted to say I appreciate you taking your time to reply as without you I would not have a direction to head towards!

Cheers :)

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 4
Glad to help. I've been searching for Bluetooth and Wi-fi solutions for some time now, and there is a dizzying array of them to choose from, but very few useful reviews. I've also found you can get remarkably good results with plain Bluetooth, too. Often, there isn't a significant improvement with AptX (perhaps because some devices allow AAC in addition to SBC,) but I haven't tried AptX HD, yet.

The Shanling M1 is an excellent multifunctional device, but a functionally very similar device, albeit perhaps cheaper, is the Hidizs AP60.

Another interesting and very inexpensive option is a Xpecial CSR64215 chip based 'Mini Bluetooth 4.2 Audio Receiver Stereo HiFi Box Adapter APTX 3.5mm/RCA Output' available on eBay from doukstore in Germany.
()

Users who are viewing this thread

Back