Bluedio CI3 Bluetooth V4.1 Earphone review
Dec 13, 2015 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

viperxp

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
This review will be dedicated to a sports bluetooth headphones from Bluedio, the Bluedio CI3.

Well, I wanted to use them with my iPhone when I am runing, and Bluetooth connection+sweatproof design could become handy in that task, please read on in order to know how those headphones did and if they could fit you.

Let's begin

The headphones arrive in a small carton box (mostly black) with a lot of descriptions regarding various functions and specifications of the headphones.

They are packed inside a smaller box (with a magnetic closing, for storing those phones) with various other extras.

There is a small carrying pouch, with different ear-tips (more on that later) and micro-usb charging cable.

Inside the white box there are user manuals in 6 different languages!

And here are the earphones. Some facts (stuff that you can't really tell from pictures and/or descriptions)
1. The earphones are made of plastic. Shiny, but plastic.
2. The cable is pretty wide and not too flexible.
3. The earphones are very large, compared to other popular earphones.

Here are the earphones with tips attached

The control unit
1. Long pressing of the "play" button turns the headphones on and off. A short press acts as play/pause button.
2. The + and - buttons act as ff/rr buttons and volume controls. Short press rewinds/fast forwards, long press controls the volume.
3. While the earphones are on there is led that blink with blue color, when charging it lights in solid blue and turns off when completely charged.

Some more close up pics. Only the net is made of metal from what I noticed.

Here is a charging port. There is only one, and it is located on the right earphone.

Here is a comparison with Xiaomi Piston 2.0. Those Bluedio's are much much larger, I'd say 2-3 times larger.

Here are the differently sized ear-tips.

Even a bass venting port is here :)

The sound, using the earphones

Well, those are in-ear earphones. If you ever used such earphones you should know that there has to be a vacuum seal between the earphones and the ears. No seal - the sound will not be the sound you'd expect from the headphones, bass will suffer the most. Sound isolation will disappear, and the overall sound quality will degrate. Why I am telling this ?

Please have a look at the attached picture. It is the explanation of the fit, and the intention is that those earphones should provide a seal, while avoiding pressure on your ears.
Well ... It just do not work. I tried and I tried, using all the different attachments, on my left and the right ear. My wife also tried (she had less patience) and ... there is simply no seal. The earphones do stay in place but seal is not being created and sound is just below average. No bass, you hear everything that goes on around you and cannot enjoy the music.
I guess my (and my wife’s) ears are very different from the ears of the people that designed those phones, because they surely don't fit us.

Conclusion, final words

The build quality, the features, the battery life - all seems to be ok. I guess that those earphones just don't fit everyone. I'd recommend trying those earphones on (or buying in a place that accepts returns) before buying.

The earphones were provided for review by www.gearbest.com

Mar 27, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 4
Anyone else has these earphones? 
It seems that OP of the review wasn't able to get a proper fit and sound quality out of them(thanks for the review btw!) and i was wondering if it has happened to more people?

Im looking for some decent and cheap bluetooth earphones, mostly to just use at the gym, but i didn't want something with either huge control units or huge earpieces - i do know that the battery and electronics need to go somewhere, but some of the ones i find are just too big. Something like the jaybirds, which seem small and comfortable but i can't spend that much or justify the price tag for my use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back