Blue Dragon V2 vs Cardas for HD600 (Need advice)
May 27, 2005 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

palchiu

500+ Head-Fier
Any head-fier compared these cable with HD600? (Blue Dragon V2 and Cardas with HD600)

Needs some advice for upgrade my oehlbach.

Thanks for your comments!!!
biggrin.gif

Pal

May 27, 2005 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 7
This is a tough one. I've owned HD600+Cardas a while ago, and now I have HD650+Blue Dragon V2.

The most relevant comparison I can make is between Blue Dragon V2, Silver Dragon, and Stock HD650. The Silver Dragon took HD650 in a new direction, one that I didn't feel was necessarily better. The Blue Dragon followed the same mission statement as the stock cable, but went waay beyond the call of duty. Will post some impressions later tonight.

May 27, 2005 at 11:58 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by some1x
Will post some impressions later tonight.

Please do! I recieved my Blue Dragon V2 today, and I'm very impressed with it so far compared to the stock and Zu Mobius.

May 28, 2005 at 5:44 AM Post #5 of 7
Sorry for the late reply. It was very difficult to put into words what I hear.

I'll focus on what I like most about the Blue Dragon- its holographic imaging! I have heard many headphones that separate instruments unnaturally (ER4p is the worst example), giving the illusion that the sounds are from singular points and projected in lines. With HD650 + Blue Dragon, there is natural balance among the spatial separation between the instruments, the size of the instruments, and the blending of their sounds when they reach my ears. In a rehearsal room, you hear instruments blend with each other, yet you can extrapolate where they are placed; this is what the HD650 + Blue Dragon does.

quick edit: The stock cable imaging is relatively confused and dense. The Silver Dragon is heading towards the ER4p direction, but is much closer to natural.

It is getting late, I will have to write more tomorrow.

May 28, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #6 of 7
After about 8 hours of listening, I can definately agree with some1x. Soundstage seems much more refined, and the sound is much more fun to listen to. Compared to the Zu, it is much better. It doesent boost the treble, and keeps the bass at just the right level (unlike the Zu). It also seems to me that the bass gets lower with the the Blue Dragon, but I really havent listened enough to give a concrete answer. Build quality is A+! No microphonics, and all the connectors are Cardas brand. It doesent get any better than this
icon10.gif

Go with the Blue Dragon V2, you will not be disappointed
wink.gif

May 29, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #7 of 7
And I was just about to buy the Zu Mobius!
Well, I've been putting it off cuz of the money.
I plan to leave my Cardas w/ HD600 and put my new cable on the HD650.
Hmmm
CPW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back