Blue Announces Ella, Sadie and Satellite Headphones @ CES 2017
Mar 14, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #196 of 327

Well I guess it's b/c you don't have cars touching your ears but headphones do. lol Anyway, with my luck, I'd prob get a bunch of lemons if I bought used. lol 

Really? I did see that on Amazon, but they've said in multiple reviews that BOTH the Sadie & Ella were improved upon with regards to tuning. So are you SHURE?! lol

Well the one difference for SHURE is they said they made Sadie & Ella more comfortable than the Mo-Fi (and I guess Lola) was, but the sound thing I dunno. 

Speaking of SHURE lol, did you notice that ShureAllTheWay closed his account? Something tells me you already knew this and may have mentioned it too, but I dunno. Still, this WAS a very good review. He noticed the same things I did like with the tight bass, etc. 

We already talked about him closing his account man....... did you really forget this too? LOL

The sadie might be better tuned than the mofi, but it's the same headphone, I really doubt it's really much more comfortable at all, unless you're talking about that 20g difference and maybe a slight adjustment to the clamp force. Still not worth paying $100 more, I remember seeing used mofis for as low as $150 at one point so it's vastly more expensive if you put it that way.

Found a frequency response chart of the ella btw, it seems to be much more neutral than the mofi, but that sub bass drop off is extremely disappointing for a PLANAR headphone, especially because it's also closed back.... Too bad the chart is UNcompensated so it's not like a goldenears chart. However, we can compare it to the NAD hp50 (green) which is a pretty neutral headphone and you can see the ella in comparison has a dip around 1.5-3khz but other than that, it looks fairly neutral

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #197 of 327
  We already talked about him closing his account man....... did you really forget this too? LOL

The sadie might be better tuned than the mofi, but it's the same headphone, I really doubt it's really much more comfortable at all, unless you're talking about that 20g difference and maybe a slight adjustment to the clamp force. Still not worth paying $100 more, I remember seeing used mofis for as low as $150 at one point so it's vastly more expensive if you put it that way.

Found a frequency response chart of the ella btw, it seems to be much more neutral than the mofi, but that sub bass drop off is extremely disappointing for a PLANAR headphone, especially because it's also closed back.... Too bad the chart is UNcompensated so it's not like a goldenears chart. However, we can compare it to the NAD hp50 (green) which is a pretty neutral headphone and you can see the ella in comparison has a dip around 1.5-3khz, and a bump in 120-250hz for exaggerated bass. Still more balanced than the mofi though 

Haha well I DID say you MIGHT'VE mentioned it before, but wasn't sure. I think you said something about him possibly no longer having time for this "hobby" of ours. lol 

They said for both the Sadie & the Ella that they removed a few joints or parts out that were unnecessary so now it fits better and weighs less too. If it IS better tuned, how is it the same headphone though? lol 

Oh nice!! So with it being UNcompensated, does that mean you can't make a 10-band EQ for it, or can you? lolo
Well at least they weren't lying about it being more balanced!! lol 
L3000.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #198 of 327

Haha well I DID say you MIGHT'VE mentioned it before, but wasn't sure. I think you said something about him possibly no longer having time for this "hobby" of ours. lol 

They said for both the Sadie & the Ella that they removed a few joints or parts out that were unnecessary so now it fits better and weighs less too. If it IS better tuned, how is it the same headphone though? lol 

Oh nice!! So with it being UNcompensated, does that mean you can't make a 10-band EQ for it, or can you? lolo
Well at least they weren't lying about it being more balanced!! lol 
L3000.gif

ignore the bump in bass thing, that's actually the nad hp50 which has exaggerated bass there lol. Even open planars have linear bass all the way down to sub bass so it's super disappointing that it has a big sub bass dip, and being closed back does nothing to help it seems. Even the beats solo 2 with a dynamic driver has way better sub bass extension with low THD so if you put that into perspective, then you can see why I am disappointed lol.

I can give you a rough EQ, just needa boost the mids and sub bass a bit

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #199 of 327
  ignore the bump in bass thing, that's actually the nad hp50 which has exaggerated bass there lol. Even open planars have linear bass all the way down to sub bass so it's super disappointing that it has a big sub bass dip, and being closed back does nothing to help it seems. Even the beats solo 2 with a dynamic driver has way better sub bass extension with low THD so if you put that into perspective, then you can see why I am disappointed lol.

I can give you a rough EQ, just needa boost the mids and sub bass a bit

Ok. I understood MOST of what you said btw. LOL

Ok.........cool. Well it would be for the benefit of ANYONE reading this thread, not JUST me. lol 
bigsmile_face.gif
  Now the question is will I ACTUALLY buy it? LOL

So no adjusting of the treble? Nice! lol 

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:20 PM Post #200 of 327

Ok. I understood MOST of what you said btw. LOL

Ok.........cool. Well it would be for the benefit of ANYONE reading this thread, not JUST me. lol 
bigsmile_face.gif
  Now the question is will I ACTUALLY buy it? LOL

So no adjusting of the treble? Nice! lol 

well if you want a slightly airier sound, it wouldn't hurt to boost 4khz, I just wouldn't trust a 10 band EQ though since it would end up affecting more than just 4khz, the ella has a very narrow dip so a precise EQ like a desktop plugin or at least neutron would be great.

BUY NOW!!!!!!!!!

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #201 of 327
  well if you want a slightly airier sound, it wouldn't hurt to boost 4khz, I just wouldn't trust a 10 band EQ though since it would end up affecting more than just 4khz, the ella has a very narrow dip so a precise EQ like a desktop plugin or at least neutron would be great.

BUY NOW!!!!!!!!!

I uninstalled Neutron. How many bands does its EQ have?

Ughh..............but I don't wanna use Neutron! I like Poweramp!!!!! lol It DEF works better now that I turned off that Hi-Res Output option in Alpha. No more playback timeouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
L3000.gif

Hahaha...............I just paid $858 on my credit card bill today. It can wait a little bit!!! lol

But I def won't get the Sadie, where 3-4 days ago for a bit there I was really more about the Sadie. 

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #202 of 327

I uninstalled Neutron. How many bands does its EQ have?

Ughh..............but I don't wanna use Neutron! I like Poweramp!!!!! lol It DEF works better now that I turned off that Hi-Res Output option in Alpha. No more playback timeouts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
L3000.gif

Hahaha...............I just paid $858 on my credit card bill today. It can wait a little bit!!! lol

But I def won't get the Sadie, where 3-4 days ago for a bit there I was really more about the Sadie. 

neutron is like dmg audio equilibrium, basically super customizable but bundled with an incredibly unintuitive UI. 

It's either a used pair of HD 800 end games or the ella man..... your credit card is begging you to be used again!!! 
wink_face.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #203 of 327
  neutron is like dmg audio equilibrium, basically super customizable but bundled with an incredibly unintuitive UI. 

It's either a used pair of HD 800 end games or the ella man..... your credit card is begging you to be used again!!! 
wink_face.gif

Yeah the UI on Neutron definitely doesn't give me the warm-fuzzies. lol 

Hahaha..............you're the DEVIL akg!!!!!!!!!   (at 0:35, that's from me to you LOL)

HD 800..........nice try. LOL Cuz the Ella wasn't ALREADY pricey enough!!

Mar 15, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #205 of 327
  Great (and hilarious lol) review of the Blue Sadie and Ella, with most of the focus on the Ella. Long, but entertaining, and VERY thorough too. lol 

He makes it CRYSTAL clear that the Sadie is the replacement to the Mo-Fi as well, which I already knew. 

He said the sadie sounds exactly like the mofis....... I TOLD YOU they are the same lol.
His descriptions are very vague, (all he says is realistic/bass/loud), and I doubt he used any other hifi headphones, he compares them to beats and monster. The ella is definitely gonna be good but I learned nothing from his video lol

Mar 15, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #206 of 327
  He said the sadie sounds exactly like the mofis....... I TOLD YOU they are the same lol.
His descriptions are very vague and I doubt he used any other hifi headphones, he compares them to beats and monster. The ella is definitely gonna be good but I learned nothing from his video lol

I dunno. Everyone else said they were modified as were the Ella. What-evs! LOL 

Haha yeah his comparisons kinda sucked but he was appealing to a "mass" audience, and admitted early on in the video that he's NOT an audiophile. But I still enjoyed his review. AND his singing voice. LOL I'm sure you cracked up a lil then too. 

Well I learned a few things........1) He had a pretty thorough unboxing so you knew exactly what to expect. I liked that the braided cables were non-tangling. One reason I hate braided cables is b/c they tangle, so this is good to know. He showed you exactly what you were getting in both cases and even took the time to read the outside parts. While not crucial, I still thought it didn't hurt to include all that. 2) I had read that the Sadie and Ella would shut off if you didn't use them after a certain amount of time had passed, but he actually shows you it in action. I didn't know it'd be instant, but it appears the moment you take them off your head, the amp shuts down, but then put them back on, and it re-enables the amp immediately. 3) Although I already knew it, it was still helpful to see/hear the volume difference between the two headphones, and his analysis was in agreement with other reviews I'd read about them both. 4) Not all the other headphones were mehh lol............the Sony MDR-1000X he displayed is currently considered to be the best overall headphone for noise-cancelling in terms of both sound quality and ANC capability, per several reviews I've read (of course the Blue Satellite is very likely to take its place when it finally gets released). Though it might seem like apples and oranges, he made his point that there are different headphones for different situations, and in the end, he concluded the 2 Blue Headphones were the best options for Hi-Fi bliss. Yeah, I'd like it if he threw in some AKG or Sennheiser action in there, but not EVERY review I see has to be super clinical about everything, though I'm sure you'd disagree. LOL 

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #207 of 327

I dunno. Everyone else said they were modified as were the Ella. What-evs! LOL 

Haha yeah his comparisons kinda sucked but he was appealing to a "mass" audience, and admitted early on in the video that he's NOT an audiophile. But I still enjoyed his review. AND his singing voice. LOL I'm sure you cracked up a lil then too. 

Well I learned a few things........1) He had a pretty thorough unboxing so you knew exactly what to expect. I liked that the braided cables were non-tangling. One reason I hate braided cables is b/c they tangle, so this is good to know. He showed you exactly what you were getting in both cases and even took the time to read the outside parts. While not crucial, I still thought it didn't hurt to include all that. 2) I had read that the Sadie and Ella would shut off if you didn't use them after a certain amount of time had passed, but he actually shows you it in action. I didn't know it'd be instant, but it appears the moment you take them off your head, the amp shuts down, but then put them back on, and it re-enables the amp immediately. 3) Although I already knew it, it was still helpful to see/hear the volume difference between the two headphones, and his analysis was in agreement with other reviews I'd read about them both. 4) Not all the other headphones were mehh lol............the Sony MDR-1000X he displayed is currently considered to be the best overall headphone for noise-cancelling in terms of both sound quality and ANC capability, per several reviews I've read (of course the Blue Satellite is very likely to take its place when it finally gets released). Though it might seem like apples and oranges, he made his point that there are different headphones for different situations, and in the end, he concluded the 2 Blue Headphones were the best options for Hi-Fi bliss. Yeah, I'd like it if he threw in some AKG or Sennheiser action in there, but not EVERY review I see has to be super clinical about everything, though I'm sure you'd disagree. LOL 

The best noise canceling headphone is no doubt the AKG n90q which puts the mdr 1000x to complete shame to even exist, but it costs $1500 and isn't wireless. I'm shure that the vie shair is better than the mdr 1000x as well but it has no ANC, then there's the B&O H9 which again beats the mdr 1000x in sound quality, but this time it has bad ANC lol. I'm SHURE the satellite will be better than the mdr 1000x in both ANC AND SQ. 
And I completely disagree with the sadie being the best option for its price in the "hifi" market, if there's anything we know about the mofi, then reviews show there are many better headphones than it for the price, plus the sadie is almost a bass head headphone. Ya can't just listen to one or two good headphone then conclude it's the best for hifi bliss. Also the ella is not a modified mofi, it has a completely different planar driver, different amp, thd figures, etc

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #208 of 327
  The best noise canceling headphone is no doubt the AKG n90q which puts the mdr 1000x to complete shame to even exist, but it costs $1500 and isn't wireless. I'm shure that the vie shair is better than the mdr 1000x as well but it has no ANC, then there's the B&O H9 which again beats the mdr 1000x in sound quality, but this time it has bad ANC lol. I'm SHURE the satellite will be better than the mdr 1000x is both ANC AND SQ. 
And I completely disagree with the sadie being the best option for its price in the "hifi" market, if there's anything we know about the mofi, then reviews show there are many better headphones than it for the price, plus the sadie is almost a bass head headphone

Ok the best ANC headphone that most people can ACTUALLY afford! LOL 

Yeah.......the Satellite will VERY likely outdo the Sony in both. But yes, overall right now, the MDR-1000X is the best wireless ANC headphone out there. 

Ok, on the Sadie.............remember I did say it had PLENTY of bass but it controlled the bass very well. So although he calls it a "basshead headphone", I would at least partially disagree with that statement. To me basshead is a bad thing, it means TOO much bass. The Lola I tried out were not bassy but even on bassier songs they handled the bass with the power of a wild beast! lol So maybe I guess you're right that the Sadie isn't the best for its price...............but I still disagree that the Sadie sounds EXACTLY like the Mo-Fi. Both Blue and a few other reviews........reviews done by ppl who actually WERE comparing the Sadie and/or Ella to audiophile-grade headphones like the Grado open-backs...............said that they were tuned better than the Mo-Fi or Lolas were. So I dunno. 

What would you say is better than the Mo-Fi OR Sadie at $399 out of curiosity? lol 

Mar 15, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #209 of 327

Ok the best ANC headphone that most people can ACTUALLY afford! LOL 

Yeah.......the Satellite will VERY likely outdo the Sony in both. But yes, overall right now, the MDR-1000X is the best wireless ANC headphone out there. 

Ok, on the Sadie.............remember I did say it had PLENTY of bass but it controlled the bass very well. So although he calls it a "basshead headphone", I would at least partially disagree with that statement. To me basshead is a bad thing, it means TOO much bass. The Lola I tried out were not bassy but even on bassier songs they handled the bass with the power of a wild beast! lol So maybe I guess you're right that the Sadie isn't the best for its price...............but I still disagree that the Sadie sounds EXACTLY like the Mo-Fi. Both Blue and a few other reviews........reviews done by ppl who actually WERE comparing the Sadie and/or Ella to audiophile-grade headphones like the Grado open-backs...............said that they were tuned better than the Mo-Fi or Lolas were. So I dunno. 

What would you say is better than the Mo-Fi OR Sadie at $399 out of curiosity? lol 

The sadie is better at the same price, but it's not a big change at all...... it's like comparing k701 vs q701.... just some minor tweaks and design changes, overall the same essential thing. But the mofi can be gotten for much cheaper so I'd say the mofi is better for the money. Neither are flat though and both of accentuated bass, that's for shure

Mar 15, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #210 of 327
  The sadie is better at the same price, but it's not a big change at all...... it's like comparing k701 vs q701.... just some minor tweaks and design changes, overall the same essential thing. But the mofi can be gotten for much cheaper so I'd say the mofi is better for the money. Neither are flat though and both of accentuated bass, that's for shure

I'll agree that neither are flat, per various reviews, including Flossy's. lol 

But I mean, I think in the audiophile world, my experience has been that even small changes still make for big improvement. Just a lil more clarity in the treble..........a bit better/tighter bass........a slightly wider soundstage..........slightly more instrument separation. Those may seem like minor tweaks, but when I'm hearing Jimmy Page's gorgeous electric slide guitar (starts around 0:30) off in the distance on "That's The Way" (Hi-Res) thanks to a clearer treble and a wider soundstage, it really makes the experience significantly better for me. Or like the first time I heard The Rolling Stones' drummer Charlie Watts playing the intro to "Under My Thumb" in Hi-Res on my AKGs, or even "Street Fighting Man"'s (skip to 0:17) intro drum part, it REALLY caught my attention. On Thumb I never really caught the little "shuffle" thing he does before despite hearing that song a million times, or on Fighting's intro when he just comes in with the BOMBASTIC drum part too. Little things matter in Hi-Fi. If they didn't, I wouldn't be on this board. lol 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back