Blown away by Logitech G430
Mar 17, 2016 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

yepimonfire

500+ Head-Fier

<not my image>

These are "7.1" headphones. Now obviously they don't have 8 drivers in them, but what they do have is a USB audio interface that takes 7.1 channels from the computer and runs it through dolby headphone. The specific dolby headphone profile is perfectly tuned to these headphones, so it's like having binaural sound on everything. It legitimately sounds outside of the headphones, even with simple stereo output, not just a little less "headphone like", like there are actual speakers in front of you, just like with binaural recordings.

Unfortunately, using the interface with different headphones doesn't work as well, but the headphones themselves sound really good. You could hook the interface up to an amp via 3.5mm, but honestly there's no point, the interface sounds fine by itself. 

I seriously recommend checking these out, even if just for the wow factor.

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 6
Did you use the included software?

Mar 18, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #5 of 6
Really? I used a pair for about 9 months, and I was never overly impressed with them. They did seem fine as far as gaming headsets go, but even in the price range there were headphones that were much better; to me, at least.

Mar 18, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 6
I never tried these headphones, but I do use dolby headphone with my akg k7xx. Yea, it is pretty much like listening to speakers. The sound comes out of your head, better than any crossfeed I've tried, and for gaming purposes, the ability to have a distinct front and back is great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back