Blogger or WordPress?
Mar 31, 2007 at 1:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

3lusiv3

Headphoneus Supremus
I want to start a new blog for a trip that we are doing soon. I have never done this before. It needs to be easy for my wife and I to use while travelling and I want to add photos of the trip to the blog. Which would be bestter blogger or wordpress?

Mar 31, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #3 of 13
My experience is extremely limited with Wordpress, but don't you have to have a place (like Flickr or Picasa) to store the images to reference? Then it just becomes do you want easy (Blogger) or more options (Wordpress). Personally I'd probably go with the former for a trip and the latter for a full on blog (that I'd host myself). Course again my experience is limited.

Mar 31, 2007 at 2:47 PM Post #5 of 13
Both host photos for free.

Blogger is easier. Say you insert and upload a photo into a blog entry, you will be asked if you want it in large, medium and small size, left aligned, center or right aligned. It automatically generates a thumbnail and link to your photo.

Wordpress does more or less the same, but I found I have to tweak it a bit more with regards to how the image appears on the post.

Wordpress does have more and nicer templates in my opinion.

Mar 31, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #8 of 13
Definitely Blogger if you want something simple and intuitive. WordPress is a good choice if you intend to continue with blogging, since it is much more advanced and has some cool features. But since your blog will just be for your trip, go with Blogger.

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #10 of 13
I don't need to customise the blog much. I'm leaning towards blogger because it integrates with picassa.

Are there any other blogging sites that are better geared towards travellers?

Apr 2, 2007 at 6:09 AM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't need to customise the blog much. I'm leaning towards blogger because it integrates with picassa.

Are there any other blogging sites that are better geared towards travellers?

livejournal.com

seems to be a hit with those who travel a lot, especially musicians on tour (so i've heard)...don't personally use it but you might want to take a look...

Apr 2, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #13 of 13
Ahhh I grew up on Blogger. Starting to see more and more friends using WordPress though
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back