BlitzWolf BW-F4 Speaker review (10W x 2, bluetooth+aux)
Sep 10, 2016 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

viperxp

100+ Head-Fier

Greetings,

This review will be dedicated to a new powered speaker from Blitzwolf, the BW-F4.

Why I chose it?

Recently I needed a powered portable speaker. I wanted it to be compact, powerful, and with an AUX input. Ah, and not too expensive.

So, why BW-F4?

1. It has two 10W speakers. A lot of other speakers at it's price range don't even have 5w x2.
2. Blitzwolf brand. A have a few Blitzwolf USB chargers, that have a very decent quality and they continuously get praised by other users.
3. AUX input. As I have  FiiO X3, that does not have bluetooth output it is crucial for me to have such an input.

I will divide the review to three parts - physical impressions, impressions from using the device and of course will try to describe the sound of the device. Also I will try to compare it with other speaker, the Bluedio BS-3.

Shall we ?

The speaker comes in small carton box. It comes with user manual, charging cable, 3.5-3.5 cable for the AUX input.

The speaker looks pretty simple, yet stylish. On top it has metal (or plastic with very metallic feel) border and plastic buttons. The indicator light blue when bluetooth is connected, red while charging and blue-red while connected and charging. While AUX input is active it lights up green.

The power button is located at the back of the device, and so is the AUX input and the charging port (standard micro-USB).
The bottom of the device is covered with anti-slip resin, and picks up dust very well.
On the front and the rear of the speaker are two passive woofers, that are supposed to improve the handling of low frequencies.

The speaker has very symmetric shape, it is not too easy do distinguish front from back or down at the dark.

Let's Use it

No problems at all, all reasonable and easy.
When you connect USB the device starts charging, the indicator glows in red and shuts down when the speaker is charger. You can use the device while charging. I measured a current draw of 1.5A while charging the device.
After connecting the device first time, it is being connected automatically when the device is within range. If you have two devices paired with the speaker, you have to disconnect one in order to connect another.
When reaching maximum volume the indicator shortly blinks blue-red. I used the speaker as hands-free speaker while driving without any problem, there were no complaints from recipients.

Let's see what you got?

I was really surprised after I first turned on the device. It has a very mature and rich sound. The sound is saturated with bass, but it is well controlled and does not get in a way of other frequencies. Some genres/songs sound very realistic with this speaker, you have to hear to believe it. The speaker plays exceptionally well jazz, classic, 80's music, female vocals. The high frequencies are crisp but not piercing, the mids are just ok and the bass is very good. Of course it is not a miracle speaker, and stuff with a lot of bass does not sound as realistic as some other music - Metallica, Public Enemy, Rage Against the Machine, The Pretty Reckless - sound good, but you feel that they require more than this speaker can give.
But .. Just listen to Jazz, Classics, Classic Rock and you don't want to stop.

Let's compare?

My co-worker recently purchased Bluedio BS-3. It is at the same price range, and has 5w x2 speaker, so I thought it would be a good idea to compare the speakers. Well ... the speaker sound as different as they look. Bluedio does not have bass at all compared to the Blitzwolf, and the highs are just too piercing and fatiguing. It does not have the realistic sound presentation that Blitzwolf has.
4 different people compared the speakers, and all four favored Blitzwolf.

Conclusion

I really like the speaker. I use it every day while driving as hands-free kit, and also for listening music outdoors. Meanwhile the speaker simply delivers.

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #2 of 2
Thanks for a nice and comprehensive review.

I consider this, and would like to have options compared to similarly priced Anker Premium A3143 and slightly more expensive Vava Voom. Have any experience with all these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back