bleah
Nov 8, 2002 at 6:17 AM Post #2 of 8
Gasp. Copy protection=bad for audiophiles/ audio enthusiasts.

Nov 8, 2002 at 7:34 AM Post #3 of 8
If ever there was an invitation for full length uncompressed pirated music CDs to be traded openly, this is it. Piracy could never be so easily disuaded as these schemes and crippling the legal product is a sure way to get some people to stop buying it.

Nov 8, 2002 at 9:41 PM Post #4 of 8
guess someone should start a site with just listings of copy protected music?

me, if i know it's copy protected i won't buy it. not because i make copies - but because many copy protected cd's won't play in car cd players. guess that's why they want you to spend $10 a month for XM. and of course all the record companies want you play $10 a month for their music on-line.

the music companies are going to shoot themselves in the foot. there's so much product out there that it's confusing to people what to buy. nothing like another reason NOT to buy a product.

i have a gf3 that won't play dvd's. i've since moved my player back to my matrox. i'm hesitant to buy another dvd player. nothing like paying $50 for software you can't use. believe me, i'd find some way to return that copy protected cd. and the first people i'd be speaking to would be the better business bureau.

Nov 8, 2002 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

The usual functions are preserved and the sound quality is not influenced in any way.

Just what are "the usual functions"? I would think that one of the "usual functions" would be the ability to be played in any devide that displays the "compact disc" logo.

I make copies to play in my car. If a cd is copy protected, I won't buy it, and if I mistakenly do I feel sorry for whoever tries to keep me from returning it.

Nov 9, 2002 at 1:16 AM Post #7 of 8
thanks. it's been added to my favourites.

sound MUST be influenced in some way as processing power must be diverted to processing and striping the copy protection scheme.

Nov 9, 2002 at 6:33 PM Post #8 of 8
i ve never say something about it ????
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back