Blade Runner and dark atmosphere music
Dec 30, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #31 of 45
As a matter of fact, FSOL actually sample the Blade Runner soundtrack (Rachel's Song) in My Kingdom from Dead Cities - around the 1:08 mark:

Great music but boy, is this video showing its age! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #32 of 45
The whole soundtrack is on Tidal FYI One of my favorite Carpenter soundtracks. that dude is so cool. :cool:

Dec 30, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #33 of 45
Incredible documentary, and incredible soundtrack by DJ Shadow. Mixed footage to main theme:

Dec 30, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #35 of 45
Great documentary! I think the Dark Days soundtrack is basically just Endtroducing but for one or two tracks. What I've heard from his new album is really nice though much different vibe.

Dec 30, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #36 of 45
Great documentary! I think the Dark Days soundtrack is basically just Endtroducing but for one or two tracks. What I've heard from his new album is really nice though much different vibe.

For sure have to check that out!
Yeah just posted the main Dark Days composition. It's not really ambient at all, but definitely sounds out a super dark atmosphere, imo.

Dec 30, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #37 of 45
As a matter of fact, FSOL actually sample the Blade Runner soundtrack (Rachel's Song) in My Kingdom from Dead Cities - around the 1:08 mark:

Great music but boy, is this video showing its age! :D  

Not gunna lie. I loved that video! So cool.

Dec 31, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #39 of 45
Coming full circle, one of Vangelis's own, lesser known albums See You Later is worth seeking out. It predates Blade Runner by a few years and actually includes Memories of Green, which was later used in the film. This track always puts me in mind of his Blade Runner score too:

Dec 31, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #40 of 45
One more, and then I'll lay off for a while! Gil Mellé's masterful, schizoid, sci-fi soundtrack to the Andromeda Strain.

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #45 of 45
do love some tangerine dream

the new Arca album quite good for some dark atmospheric sounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back