Blackweb (aka Wal-mart) headphone line
Oct 10, 2014 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Delirious Lab

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone heard of Blackweb headphones?  This seems to be a made-for-Walmart line, and for all I know they are sold only in Canada at the moment.  They have over-ear and on-ear models that are clearly meant to look like cheap Beats, a flat-folding model and some IEMs as well.

Searching "Blackweb" within Head-Fi yielded zero results... until this thread, I suppose.

Anyway, I was paying the store one of my very rare visits this week and the flat-folder caught my eye:

I tried it on for 5 minutes, liked the "oomph" in the bass and brought home a black set.

Features
- Closed back
- Smarphone control button & microphone
- Flat cord
- No accessories

Pros
- Nice thump in the bass, not overwhelming but organic - you can feel the drum-skins being hit and the bass-strings being plucked.
- Very good soundstage
- Easy to drive, your smartphone or DAP will have more than enough juice
- Stylish looks (at least for the black model) for a low price ($30 Cdn.)

Cons
- Understated mids
- Cheap build quality; what worries me the most is that the wire that runs between the two drivers and across the headband has zero slack when extended to my head size.  I feel like something will break sooner or later...

The verdict
Sometimes I'm in the mood for a fun, V-shaped sound signature, and I want something lighter and better-looking than my old khaki Koss K/6ALC torture device.  So these cans will be part of my office gear for a while; until they give up the ghost, they offer pretty good value for the money.

Jan 28, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #2 of 6
I have been looking for great headphones at an affordable pricea and i must say i dont regret getting them...
i travel with them everywhere now...am in Africa and they are here as well

Nov 6, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 6
To my eyes, blackweb premium series are the best you can get in the category quality for low price. I was asking myself if i should try or wait to get more money to invest. So as the word "WAIT"and me are 2,i choose blackweb's one. At home i inspect everything to be surprised by the good components choosed to built and for the sound too...very surprised enen if it misses high frequencies just a bit. Bass is good on lowest frequencies but miss some on the lowest mid frequencies that dosen't affect the voices. I tell everybody buy them and if not satisfy or if they broke...its walmart you always can get your money back for 90 days with the paper you get when you buy.

Nov 8, 2015 at 7:30 AM Post #4 of 6
To my eyes, blackweb premium series are the best you can get in the category quality for low price. I was asking myself if i should try or wait to get more money to invest. So as the word "WAIT"and me are 2,i choose blackweb's one. At home i inspect everything to be surprised by the good components choosed to built and for the sound too...very surprised enen if it misses high frequencies just a bit. Bass is good on lowest frequencies but miss some on the lowest mid frequencies that dosen't affect the voices. I tell everybody buy them and if not satisfy or if they broke...its walmart you always can get your money back for 90 days with the paper you get when you buy.

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #5 of 6
Summing up the blackweb brand is pretty simple: 

Sound quality = notably good for the price. (though a bit muddy to my memory)
Build quality = flimsy (due to cheap, plastic joints where the headphones fold)

Oct 22, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 6
BOUGHT ME SOME BLACKWEB HEADPHONES AT WALMART AND THEY WERE ON THE BARGIN TABLE. I PAYED $20.00 FOR THEM, BEST EARPHONES I EVER BOUGHT AND AT $20.00 DOLLARS, DAMN GOOD DEAL AND SUPERIOR QUALITY. THANKS WALMART.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back