Blackfield - Blackfield II (2007)
Feb 25, 2007 at 3:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Patu

Headphoneus Supremus
So how do you like it? I've now listened it through a few times and I love it. At first it didn't sound so great but now when I'm going it through for a third time it's awesome. The first one might be slightly better but Blackfield II is almost there with it. Great stuff.

http://www.progarchives.com/Progress...sp?cd_id=13783

Feb 26, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #2 of 6
i love it. i think it's almost equal to the first Blackfield album, but it loses points because the Geffen written material isn't up to snuff with some of his older stuff, like Cloudy Now. if you (and the other Steven Wilson fans here) don't listen to any Aviv Geffen, i suggest getting some... he's really great!

Feb 26, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 6
Monk , but how do you understand his lyrics ?
unless you know hebrew ...
i like aviv's songs , he is a talented writer , but i can't recomend his songs to someone who doesn't speak the language .

The album is fantastic , IMO it's all around better then their previous efforts which had some great songs and not so great songs .

My Highlightes : Once , Epidemic , End Of The World

By the way , the song "Some Day" is probably about aviv's llife (his life was quite harsh , at least untill he started recording songs
smily_headphones1.gif
) .

Mar 16, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #6 of 6
I ordered the U.S. release several days after it came out and it arrived a few days ago. So good!

A very solid album filled with good production, nice arrangements, and interesting chord progressions. Some top-notch songs in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back