Binaural Radiohead
May 14, 2007 at 2:22 AM Post #2 of 19
If the whole album is like this, it will be an eargasmic experience. That is, of course, the music is good too, but I think we kind of expect that from Radiohead.

Good find
smily_headphones1.gif

May 14, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #3 of 19
bah, our hobby is considered so marginal and edgy that Radiohead deems it worthy of use.

May 14, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 19
man, I've never heard a full song in binaural recording, that would be so cool. Especially with radiohead.

May 14, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #5 of 19
*head asplode*

May 14, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #6 of 19
*has an orgasm thinking about the potential eargasms*

May 14, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #7 of 19
I'll buy it... but is it just for some things that are recorded binaurally? Like just the piano in the song or something? Or is there going to be a binaural mic in the studio that records everything?

May 14, 2007 at 9:08 AM Post #8 of 19
Wow.. oh man imagine if the whole album's recorded that way

I think it'd be more like pearl jam's album 'binaural' though, where there's one track of eddie and his ukulele recorded binaurally

May 14, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #9 of 19
I'd imagine it's just for the piano and other select instruments. Binaural stuff sounds pretty funky over speakers, so an entire musical track (let alone album) wouldn't sound right to most people.

May 14, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd imagine it's just for the piano and other select instruments. Binaural stuff sounds pretty funky over speakers, so an entire musical track (let alone album) wouldn't sound right to most people.

since more and more people are using their ipods and ibuds to listen to music, im sure it will sound just fine to everybody

May 14, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleisgreat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man, I've never heard a full song in binaural recording, that would be so cool. Especially with radiohead.

If you are interested you might want to click the binaural-link in my sig wich leads you to a part of the music forum with only binaural recordings. Some real nice stuff there.
If Radiohead has a couple of songs recorded using this technique i surely wanna buy the album. That sounds very promising!

May 14, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #12 of 19
Most people I know (i.e. not audiophiles or Head-Fiers) do most of their music listening in the car. They also don't prefer to listen to headphones when speakers are available. I understand that headphones are popular with the young, portable, and budget crowds, but they're not practical in all circumstances.

A full binaural album from a mainstream artist would be cool, but impractical.

May 14, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif

A full binaural album from a mainstream artist would be cool, but impractical.

One of the things that makes Radiohead interesting is that they are impractical, they thrive on that. They make music for the sake of making music - to please only themselves as artists. If the fans like it, then that's just a bonus. As such, it wouldn't be a surprise to me at all if the entire CD was recorded in binaural. Screw appeasing the mindless masses, and do something ballsy I say. I can only cross my fingers and hope that ends up being the case.

May 14, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #14 of 19
well i guess the one track in question was called "over your shoulder" or something, and the pic had the dummy head recording literally over yorke's shoulder while he was singing and playing piano. so it might be just for giggles for that one track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back