Bigfoot Found?
Aug 18, 2008 at 4:43 PM Post #16 of 32
Haha great stuff
smily_headphones1.gif
LOL!

Aug 18, 2008 at 4:47 PM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apparently, one of the two DNA samples was human. The other was 96% opossum. Even better, the two guys who "found" the corpse have a business that sells Bigfoot merchandise.

My god, I wonder if those two idiots believed they could home brew their own unique species with a little blood and a swizzle stick.

I also wonder if the opossum DNA came from one of their brains, and if the same percentage can be found in the brains of people who take this sh!t seriously.

Aug 18, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #19 of 32
Should be interesting since one of them was a cop. He should be looking for a new job shortly. Can you imagine the fun a defense attorney could have on the stand with him now? So you're telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?
very_evil_smiley.gif
(Followed by "and were you also telling the truth when...")

Aug 18, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #21 of 32
Well what do you know, I was right! How disappointing, usually I'm never right
wink.gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No. He'll be suspended .... with pay.

Most law enforcement who commit acts which will impeach their veracity on the stand get terminated. Without the ability to be a solid witness, there isn't much they can do in the world of law enforcement. Let's hope his Bigfoot business was booming!
tongue.gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should be interesting since one of them was a cop. He should be looking for a new job shortly. Can you imagine the fun a defense attorney could have on the stand with him now? So you're telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?
very_evil_smiley.gif
(Followed by "and were you also telling the truth when...")

i read he had been on disability leave...sure that prob factors in to. i'd assume he was prob lying...what disability did he have that he couldnt work yet go search for bigfoot?

Aug 19, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I often get negative comments for being a rationalist
wink.gif

Aren't rationalists people who think that reason is a more secure foundation of knowledge than experience? So, you're more like an empiricist, right? Or is that Rationalist with a big R? Or have I been reading too much epistemology?

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i read he had been on disability leave...sure that prob factors in to. i'd assume he was prob lying...what disability did he have that he couldnt work yet go search for bigfoot?

From what I've read, he was actually shot in the line of duty and was regarded as something of a local hero. Guess he kind of blew that, though. It also seems that there was an actual fraud perpetrated, in that the two "discoverers" insisted on an advance payment from a Bigfoot organization prior to the press conference.

What goes through these people minds when they come up with this stuff?
confused_face(1).gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I've read, he was actually shot in the line of duty and was regarded as something of a local hero. Guess he kind of blew that, though. It also seems that there was an actual fraud perpetrated, in that the two "discoverers" insisted on an advance payment from a Bigfoot organization prior to the press conference.

What goes through these people minds when they come up with this stuff?
confused_face(1).gif

I remember the story being that he had been shot in the hand. If it was his shooting hand he might have been permanently disabled, at least so far as being able to qualify with his firearm which probably would have ended his career anyway. So this might have been a move of pure desperation to get something else going so he could pay his bills. Not that any excuses will help him when he gets judged if he did commit fraud.

There was a very brave LEO in Phoenix who was horribly burned when his cruiser burned shortly after he joined the force. Jason Schecterle went back on the force and rose to be a homicide cop but finally retired at least partially since he couldn't qualify with his firearm. They would have to assign another armed officer to go with him everywhere on duty since he couldn't.

Anyway, I suppose this might have been the guy's bright thought to avoid a similar retirement...
eek.gif
If so, it's good he's gone, with that judgment, he shouldn't be in the profession.

Aug 20, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by VolcanoDiver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If bigfoot was ever found i dont think we could handle it....

Why not?
confused.gif

Are you referring to the poisonous fur thing ?

...........or just concerned that he'd be wearing ibuds.

Aug 20, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #29 of 32
The final word on Bigfoot from CNN:

Bigfoot claim a fake, ex-enthusiast says

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- The Bigfoot in the freezer is made of rubber, a Web posting asserted Tuesday.

The initial promoter of two hikers' claim that they found the body of Bigfoot in Georgia said he has determined that the discovery was a hoax.

The body turned out to be rubber, and the two men who claimed that they found it, Matthew Whitton and Rick Dyer, have admitted that it was a costume, said a posting Tuesday on the Web sites of Searching for Bigfoot Inc. and Squatchdetective.

Aug 20, 2008 at 10:55 AM Post #30 of 32
I have no problem believing in aliens, somewhere in the cosmos. Bigfoot in the midst of centuries of human habitation and never captured until now, caused me to dismiss it immediately. Bigfoot elsewhere in the cosmos is a possibility. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back