Big Ipod Question!
Aug 8, 2005 at 1:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lojay

1000+ Head-Fier
SHOULD I SELL my ipod?

I have a 40G ipod that was given as a gift, and I live in a place where commuting does not take more than an hour, and for the past and next year, I will not commute daily AT ALL (since I live on campus). I currently use the ipod as an extra harddrive for backup.

I guess I really should sell it before it continues to depreciate next year, what do you guys think?

Aug 8, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 9
If you don't use it, I suppose so... But I don't commute, and I use my iPod all the time.

See ya
Steve

Aug 8, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by lojay
SHOULD I SELL my ipod?

3G and 4G iPods kept in excellent condition should not depreciate greatly. When you are ready to purchase another iPod, simply dock the old one in a mini-speaker setup and you have a nice little sound system when you go to the beach house, friend's place or party.

Aug 8, 2005 at 1:30 AM Post #4 of 9
Yup, these are suggestions of using the ipod, it has become quite handy when I go out of home and especially on trips. But honestly, I could just get a mini instead, 40G's are just overload to me.

So how do you use it? As a source for music listening? I can't do that because my soundcard just sounds way sweeter than the ipod.....

Anyways, please do convince me not to sell them!! I really haven't made up my mind yet, and what you guys said have just reminded me of it's usefulness some time ago...

Aug 8, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #5 of 9
I'd sell it and get the most money for it now. I think price does depreciate quickly, especially since the latest iPod has a color screen. Then if you need a portable hard drive or portable storage, buy one for cheap. And later on when you need an iPod, buy the latest and greatest.

Aug 8, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #6 of 9
My iPod is always with me. It keeps my phone numbers... it plays music whenever I have a free 10 minutes or so... When I get home, I dock it into my stereo system and play it through my big speakers... I have a set of inMotion speakers that I keep next to my bed and I use the iPod as my alarm clock... When I dock it, it downloads news stories for me to peruse on the road... I timeshift the Phil Hendrie show with my Radio Shark and play it in my car, even when Phil isn't on the air... When I'm visiting a friend and we are talking music, I can pull out my iPod and the PodFreq and instantly play the song I'm talking about through their stereo... With my pocket dock and 256 AAC encoding, the sound quality is as good as my Phillips 963SA.

I couldn't exist without my iPod, but if you don't use it, get it in the hands of someone who would.

See ya
Steve

Aug 8, 2005 at 4:34 AM Post #7 of 9
Problem is, I'm never on the road, or bus, or train. I'm stuck at home or in the dorm, next to the computer....! I know a lot of people will have use of it tho.

Aug 9, 2005 at 2:43 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kestrel
Yea I think you've taken it a little bit too far =/

Music is a pretty important part of my life. If you saw my record collection, you'd know what extreme really is!

See ya
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back