Beyerdynamic T1
Aug 11, 2011 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

mike1127

Member of the Trade: Brilliant Zen Audio
I have literally been listening for about five minutes to the T1, so it isn't burned-in yet, but I think this headphone is The One. I've been looking for something in the league of the Senn HD800, AKG K1000, or even the K701 is remarkable and worth considering.

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 46
Does anyone have comments on positioning the T1? Do you put it a bit lower, a bit higher? A bit forward, a bit back? Or exactly centered on your outer ear?

I've noticed that putting it in a sort-of centered position makes it lose some treble extension and even sounds like some kind of lower-mid resonance. Moving it up and back seems to fix that. To me the direction is "up and back" but I wonder if I tend to position, in general, headphones low and forward.

Aug 11, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 46

Quote:
Does anyone have comments on positioning the T1? Do you put it a bit lower, a bit higher? A bit forward, a bit back? Or exactly centered on your outer ear?

I've noticed that putting it in a sort-of centered position makes it lose some treble extension and even sounds like some kind of lower-mid resonance. Moving it up and back seems to fix that. To me the direction is "up and back" but I wonder if I tend to position, in general, headphones low and forward.

I find with angled drivers, this works best for me:

http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/

(Click on Tips and Tricks along the top).

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #7 of 46
How about a tube amp that rolls off the top a little? I'd look at something that runs DHTs - a little warmth in the mids and a smoothly rolled off top end.

Aug 18, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #8 of 46
Hi Uncle Erik,
Along a similar line, I tried an interconnect that's a bit rolled-off compared to my best IC, and yes it toned down the attack-aggressiveness, but I ended up missing the extension anyway.

The best all-purpose solution I know for any problem with aggressiveness/overemphasis is to turn down the volume. Which, for the purpose of protecting my hearing, is not a bad idea anyway.

So basically I preferred the more extended IC together with a lower volume level rather than the rolled-off IC with a higher volume level.

I think upper-end extension is very important. The K Works stuff has opened my ears to that.

Quote:
How about a tube amp that rolls off the top a little? I'd look at something that runs DHTs - a little warmth in the mids and a smoothly rolled off top end.

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #9 of 46
Congrats, I should be joining the T1 club in a few weeks. A good tube amp might be the ticket? I'm going to run mine in with a Concerto but have a feeling I'll be looking to upgrade my dac and amp soon enough..
Quote:
So, at this point I love it, but I still wish for a headphone that's just like the T1 but dial down the aggressiveness on the attack a bit, just until it's neutral.

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #10 of 46
My T-1's have been exhibiting better bass of late.  Could it be the more they put hours on.............?

The Liquid Fire just makes these babies sing.  This is the amp for these.

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #11 of 46
T1's are also loving The ALO Continental. A brilliant synergy with nice warmth, extra low end and less ruffled high's. Nearly removed all traces of sibilance, at least at the volumes I listen to, whereas everything sounds a tiny bit more thin or bright with the SR-71A. Interestingly, I use two different EQ's for the two portables. With the SR-71A I start the bass rise at around the 100hz mark. This gives the extra low end sub bass, usually on B-lines or distant background bass hum in tracks. A bit more low end texture to vocals as well. With the Continental however, because it's already warmer and a bit more bottom heavy, I start the bass rise from around the 70hz mark. This gives a bit of added clarity since I don't need the same warmth down low.

Will post grabs of my EQ's with my review/impressions later, but with the Continental especially, I really don't feel an EQ is even necessary. I just make one or two minuscule changes, mainly in bass. Not so much because these cans lack bass (they may do for some), but more so because I'm a bit of a bass head, and the extra rumble or breadth from EQ'ing in some added bass is nice. By default un EQ'd the bass lacks in quantity a bit, but has sublime control and definition.

But absolutely LOVING these headphones. Best I've personally ever heard thus far. I haven't really come across any genre of music they haven't performed brilliantly with yet. Currently listening to all the Radiohead albums again. Been up for hours and enjoying every second of it.

Aug 27, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #12 of 46
HI ALL OF YOU
I HAVE THE T1 SINCE SEPTEMBER 2010 AND RIGHT KNOW i HAVE IMO THE PERFECT EQ NECESSARY TO PUT THIS HEADPHONES THE SING WITH HIIS BEST VOICE
LOVING ALSO AUDIOPHILE PORTABLE MUSIC i HVE PURCHASED A PRO SOLID STATE RECORDER (PCM M10) IT LOOKS  IT MAY SEEN LIKE A TOY
BUT IT IS NOT 'IT HAVE THE ABILITY TO RECORD WITH OUSTANDING PRECISION AND CLARITY '
I HAVE BEEN SOMW TIMES AT A BIG MUSICAL STORE AND RECORDED LIVE DRUMS SESSIONS  THE LITTLE MACHINE CAPTURED THE SOUND
ALSO MY MEMORY RECOREED IT 'AT HOME JUST TOOK THE MEMORY AND PUT IT IN MY LAPTOP (RUNNING FOOBAR) THE LAPTOP CONNECTED VIA USB TO AN EXTERNAL DAC (VIOLECTRIC V800 SET AT X2 OVERSAMPLING) THE ANALOG (RCA) CONNECTED TO AN CUSTOM MADE SS
AMPLIFIER RUNNING COMPLETLY ON CLASS A (THE OUTPUT POWER AND THE OPERATIONAL AMP ) THE OUTPUT OF THE AMP CONNECTED TO A WELL BURNIED T1 I ADJUSTED THE BASS EQ SO I HAD THE IMPRESSION THAT WAS AGAIN LISTENING THE DRUMS AT YJE MUSIC STORE ]I JUST LEFT THE EQ LIKE THAT FOR   MOST OF THE MUSIC  GIVING ME PLEASURE TO CONTINUE LISTENING MUSIC
I WOULD TAKE A PICTURE AT THE EQ AND I WILL POST HERE IN THE FUTUTRE
THE T1 NEVER  SOUNDED SO REAL 
(PLESE BE ADVICE TO PUT THE BUFFER OF THEFOOBAR SOFT AT MAXIMUM  THIS GIVES YOU A DRMATIC IMPROVEMENT (ANTU JITTER EFFECT)
I WISH  THIS  PERSONAL EXPERIENCE COULD BE USSABLE FOR ALL OF YOU

Aug 27, 2011 at 7:12 AM Post #13 of 46
I think you need a new keyboard before you buy new headphones.

Aug 28, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #14 of 46
sorry about the grammatic mistakes 
if my post  can help some body it will be glad
i dont think i will change my t1 headphones they really sound
exeptional with  acustic instruments (jazz ,clasical)
I can tell also that I had connected my t1 ballanced to the xlr's
outputs of my dac (violectric v800) the sound was not bad at all
but it could not achieve the reproductions of the lowest octave
my ss amp can run with the deepest notes with all the impact and damping they need ,I self designed my ss amp and I am very proud of the acustic/electrical performance  if some one would like some details just ask

Users who are viewing this thread

Back