Beyerdynamic DT990 quality?
Sep 11, 2014 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Jimmy80

Head-Fier
Hi,

I have bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990(not pro) 250ohm and I even if this is expensive headphones the quality feels so so?

The main problem I got is the holder of the cans, it feels rickety? I have it set to position 4 and 3 and there is alot of space for the to move around? Sometimes I can hear a click sound, not the one that loock the position but another click sound like it hooks in something? I suspect that the metal cup holder is hooking in somthing plastic and this feels like bad quality?

What do you think of the quality of DT990? Will it last a couple of years?

Sep 11, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #3 of 16
I know what you mean somewhat, but I'm not disappointed as they are very light relative to their size.  Remember as well that the movement in that adjustment joint is the only front/back movement that the cups have, and is necessary.  I feel like they're sturdy and light, and anecdotal evidence shows that many pairs last for years.

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #7 of 16
I'm extremely new to this and I'm trying to gather some info exactly for the purpose of adding some quality audio to my pc for the sole purpose of gaming. Could I bother you with some basic questions? (sorry for jacking the thread OP) 

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #9 of 16
  I'm wearing a DT990 pro right now, they are very durable. Beyer headphones as a whole are pretty durable. I'm sure they will last a long time buddy. 

So there is no hooking or plastic clicking sound when moving around the cans?

I know what you mean somewhat, but I'm not disappointed as they are very light relative to their size.  Remember as well that the movement in that adjustment joint is the only front/back movement that the cups have, and is necessary.  I feel like they're sturdy and light, and anecdotal evidence shows that many pairs last for years.

When inspecting the plastic holders more closly I can see that the metall cupholders is tearing in it, especially in the joint. The plastic is a bit white and its also here where it will hook from time to time and give a plastic click sound.

The weakest point of Beyers is the "Headband Slide Repair Assembly" , other than that they'll last you at least a decade 

But it should not be a problem while new right?

What amp/DAC combo do you have with them?

Im using a Sound Blaster x-fi 5.1 pro external soundcard and it works nice, there is alot to give on the volume and the bass can be seet vary loud if you like.

I have also notis that then screwing the bigger adapter plug on it have som resistant in the beginning, just like there is something askew or maybe a thread is damage. Is this comon?

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #11 of 16

So there is no hooking or plastic clicking sound when moving around the cans?

I don't have any issues with my pair, though mine are relatively new and I never need to adjust them (my head generally stays the same size at all times 
wink.gif
)

Sep 12, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #12 of 16
  I don't have any issues with my pair, though mine are relatively new and I never need to adjust them (my head generally stays the same size at all times 
wink.gif
)

Funny, but its not while adusting them, its while handling them. mouting them on my head or on the stand. It will make the click sound from time to time that really is the metall hooking in the splastic and tearing a bit in it. I suspect that this will wear down and stop making noises but the plastic will not look nice when inspecting.

I will have to check with the company for replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back