Beyerdynamic DT990 250 Ohm VS 32 Ohm in Sound Quality
May 8, 2017 at 10:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

LookTopHats

New Head-Fier
I have a small dilemma. I will most likely be purchasing a Focusrite Saffire 6 soon in order to have an interface that I can track guitars and MIDI into from my desk at university. However I read some calculations that suggest a MAXIMUM of 240 Ohm cans for this amp. If I was to purchase the 32 Ohm in order to be able to be driven properly by the Saffire 6 would sound quality compared to the 250 Ohm version be very noticeable? If i'm spending around £100 on headphones I would like them to sound good (32 and 250 cost roughly the same). Otherwise should I purchase a separate amp and go for the 250 Ohm?

Basically. how much does the impedance affect sound quality at this level? And will the change warrant an extra hundred on a separate amp to the Saffire.

Thanks in advance, i'm still a bit of a noob!

May 8, 2017 at 11:33 AM Post #2 of 3
I would say get the 250 Ohm version. It should sound fine on the Saffire.
With a little bit of care the headphone will last a decade. There will be time for getting an amp in the future.

May 8, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #3 of 3
I would say get the 250 Ohm version. It should sound fine on the Saffire.
With a little bit of care the headphone will last a decade. There will be time for getting an amp in the future.
Yeah I suppose that is a logical way of looking at things. It shouldn't be too much of an issue then? You reckon they'll be loud enough for mixing use in a bedroom and studio setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back