Beyerdynamic DT770 vs Ultrasone Pro 750 vs Sennheiser HD25-1 II vs Denon AH-D2000 vs Sennheiser Momentum
Oct 15, 2013 at 6:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Fidelius

New Head-Fier
Beyerdynamic DT770 vs Ultrasone Pro 750 vs Sennheiser HD25-1 II vs Denon AH-D2000 vs Sennheiser Momentum

Hi guys, this is my first foray into mid/high end cans (I bought a pair of M50's rashly but soon discovered that they were overhyped so am returning them), and these seem to be the best ones in their respective price ranges.

Type of music: I listen to all types of music but mainly classical rock, country and some classical. I do enjoy a Hip-Hop, Pop or R'n'B track now and then. 

The most important factors for me would be sound quality, clarity and fidelity.

If there are any other headphones that give more "bang for buck" than these please feel free to recommend them.

Also with the Beyers, which impedance model would you recommend?

Thanks

Fidelius

Oct 15, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 11
I have researched the dt 770s a lot lately and I would say get the amount of ohms that you are able to drive.

80 ohms have a little more bass
250 is more balanced with less bass

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Oct 18, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #8 of 11
Now i do not own a pair of Denon D2000.
But from what i read they are very close to the AH-D600 that i own.
Also I have owned the DT770pro's 80ohm version.

I say get the Denons.
Also get yourself a Schiit Magni amplifier and Schiit Modi dac.
With that combo you will be good until you upgrade again. :)

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #10 of 11
The ultrasone pro 750 are very underated IMO and much better than the demon d600, their only downfall I would say is the diffused soundstage. But with that said it is a unique listening experience.

Nov 14, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #11 of 11
I own the Sennheiser HD 25 1-II, and although I haven't used the Ultrasone Pro 750 (planning on getting one in the future) or any other headphone you have mentioned, I have used the Ultrasone HFI-650, so I'll compare the Sennheiser to the Ultrasone. The 650 has a broader soundstage, as in it is more clearer and more precise. I use a FIIO E07K amp connected to my iPhone, and the music that I put through it seems to be better on the Ultrasone rather than on the Sennheiser. What the HD 25 1-II lacks in a lot and at times seems to kill it is the bass response. At times you can't really hear or feel the bass in songs that have little bass such as acoustic songs and songs that need bas such as dubstep or techno, and when the headphone "tries" to give a decent bass response, it can at times sound muddy. Where these cans shine is in the sound isolation and when listening to rock music. With all of the headphones I have used, none can block sound without needing to have active noise-cancelling like these can. This is what pushed me to get these headphones as I go on public transport on a constant basis and need to block the outside noise. There's a reason why you see commentators using these headphones during major sporting events. The split headband design also makes it some of the most comfortable headphones out there. They're tight on the ears but it does not pass the point where you have to take them off every 15min to relax your ears. I have used them many hours at times and not once did I have to take them off the relax my ears. Overall, these headphones are good depending on how you use them and what kind of music you listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back