Beyerdynamic DT770/880 headband covers
Oct 2, 2009 at 2:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kb1gra

100+ Head-Fier
Just wanted to update all of you, as I know there have been threads about this in the past. I spoke to "Bob" at Beyerdynamic this morning, and was able to order GENUINE leather headband cover replacements direct.

They're only available in black, according to Bob, but they were I think $19 each (the leatherette is $9.)

The part number is #580783. I was only able to order them when I specifically asked for that part.

I ordered a bunch of parts while I was there, but ground shipping was $7.

Hope this helps someone who wanted the gen. leather headbands for grados, etc.

If these don't fit my ES7, they'll be for sale here...

Oct 2, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 3
Be aware that the stock number you provided in post is the 2005 version cover. While gen. leather - they have a bit less padding than the earlier version and are 1/2" shorter than the earlier version. The difference in length was compensated for by the 2005 plastic endpieces being made broader. I think you will also learn these covers are a smidge less wide and will not fit around some of the std Grado headbands.........IIRC Beyer had had a stock number for the earlier style in gen. leather- but don't know if they have continued with them the last 4 years. Your search for those will likely be futile.

Oct 2, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #3 of 3
I actually need the shorter band-- these are going on a pair of different headphones, a pair of audio technicas. If they don't fit, they're going up for sale here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back