Beyerdynamic AT1350 - An Improved DT1350?
Apr 15, 2014 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

sp3llv3xit

1000+ Head-Fier

Has anyone tried these?

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/audiometry/at-1350-a.html

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #2 of 14

Has anyone tried these?

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/headphones-and-headsets/audiometry/at-1350-a.html

Don't know anything about these, but I loved my original 1350's.  The interesting thing I see is the cable and plug description that says "open ends (no plug)".  Does this mean you have to DIY the connector?  I see they're also indicating the ear pads are more comfortable, which was the one complaint I had about the originals.

Apr 19, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #3 of 14
  Don't know anything about these, but I loved my original 1350's.  The interesting thing I see is the cable and plug description that says "open ends (no plug)".  Does this mean you have to DIY the connector?  I see they're also indicating the ear pads are more comfortable, which was the one complaint I had about the originals.

The white motif held me back but I wouldn't mind going against my color/design preference if the sound is worth the purchase.  

I am waiting for early adapters...  Hehe...  
tongue.gif

Apr 19, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #4 of 14
Strange more people haven't piped in on the thread with interest. I wonder how long these have been out and why such a silent launch?

Apr 19, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #6 of 14
If to go to the Beyerdynamic North America website and look it up, there is a spec sheet PDF. This headset is specifically designed for use with audio test equipment. The FR drops down dramatically up above 1000 Hertz. Even if you could terminate the cable with a suitable plug, it wouldn't make for a pleasant sound.

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #7 of 14
  Strange more people haven't piped in on the thread with interest. I wonder how long these have been out and why such a silent launch?

I've noticed the overall lack of interest on Head-Fi with on ear headphones in general.  I remember all the threads regarding the 1350's, HD25's, V-Moda's, etc.  Seems that iem's have take over that niche.

Apr 19, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #8 of 14
  I've noticed the overall lack of interest on Head-Fi with on ear headphones in general.  I remember all the threads regarding the 1350's, HD25's, V-Moda's, etc.  Seems that iem's have take over that niche.

Don't know about IEM's taking over but, yeah, I have to agree the mobile headphone threads have been quiet lately. When the T51p was announced I was very surprised there wasn't more interest.

Apr 20, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #9 of 14
On ear of any sort is less popular, which I don't understand as over ear isn't so portable and in ear can be uncomfortable.

And yeah, I am wondering what they mean by "no plug."

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #10 of 14
On ear of any sort is less popular, which I don't understand as over ear isn't so portable and in ear can be uncomfortable.

And yeah, I am wondering what they mean by "no plug."

On-Ears:
I love my on-ears. HD-25, Amperiors, Momentum Over Ear (but really on-ear) and not to forget the glorious Yamaha HPH-200 amazing headphones. I had the T50p briefly but didn't like them much. Really would like to listen to a V-Moda XS. So, this area is not dead with a few new releases and since it doesn't look as weird as full over ears while being in public, I assume they will become more popular (as well on head-fi).

Re: no plugs
I took this from the PDF:
The single-sided, straight connecting cable comes with bare ends.

So yes, no plug, so you can  connect it to any audiometer.

Cheers,
K

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #11 of 14
Thanks. I haven't tried the Yamaha; I'll look into it.

I tried Mikros 90 recently and they're good but too genre-limited (rock / metal, vocals) for a portable.

Apr 20, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #12 of 14
Thanks. I haven't tried the Yamaha; I'll look into it.

I tried Mikros 90 recently and they're good but too genre-limited (rock / metal, vocals) for a portable.

Hmm, never even heard about the Mikros 90. Have to check them out. The Yamaha's are really very good. However they are open on-ears. So, not for everybody.

Cheers,
K

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #13 of 14
A silent launch may be a misinterpretation: these are not consumer-oriented headphones but rather intended for audiometry. Normally they will be part of a fixed installation. I guess they are not even sold to consumers but rather wholesale only. And they are not intended for normal music consumption. The T51p or the DT1350 are a better choice...

Apr 20, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #14 of 14
  A silent launch may be a misinterpretation: these are not consumer-oriented headphones but rather intended for audiometry. Normally they will be part of a fixed installation. I guess they are not even sold to consumers but rather wholesale only. And they are not intended for normal music consumption. The T51p or the DT1350 are a better choice...

Oh thanks!  That settles the question then.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back