Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Jul 22, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #196 of 785
The amperion is just like the ES 100 except it had LDAC. I found it on Amazon.

Bummer about the Amiron. What player do you use? I've found with Power AMP, I never have any loudness issue. Build 709 also upscales audio. I had and returned the Sony 1000 mk2, but thought they sounded decent once I EQ'd. Not as good as the 1770's though. I did like the ANC though and their size and portability. I'm surprised you paired the ES100 with those given that they offer LDAC already. My only issue with my setup is that it can be a bit clunky. I'm also curious to use the balanced port on the ES 100. I have not searched much for a balanced short mini xlr cable though.

Attachments

• 15322675391921354574751610883610.jpg
    15322675391921354574751610883610.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 0
Jul 22, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #197 of 785
Just realized I incorrectly named it. It's Ampio P1.

Jul 22, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #198 of 785
The amperion is just like the ES 100 except it had LDAC. I found it on Amazon.

Bummer about the Amiron. What player do you use? I've found with Power AMP, I never have any loudness issue. Build 709 also upscales audio. I had and returned the Sony 1000 mk2, but thought they sounded decent once I EQ'd. Not as good as the 1770's though. I did like the ANC though and their size and portability. I'm surprised you paired the ES100 with those given that they offer LDAC already. My only issue with my setup is that it can be a bit clunky. I'm also curious to use the balanced port on the ES 100. I have not searched much for a balanced short mini xlr cable though.

I am not an audiophile in typical sense of the word.I have never bought a dedicated physical MP3 player. Regarding software Mp3 player, i have used winamp and foobar on PC and poweramp on phone although, i dont listen to music on phone much ( when i did in the past , poweramp was awesome with its preamp function).

My set up is my laptop HP specter 360 and i play from youtube music. I do have some FLAC and other files on hard drive but i prefer exploring online. I know that audio quality is not the greatest and a more revealing headphone may not be the best option given my source. Thats why i am so happy to stumble on HEX V2 after trying hifi options like HD800S, Sony MDR Z1R ,Ether Flows, Koss ESP 950 etc . Its clear, balanced, forgiving and enjoyable sound even on youtube. Nice amplification with Fiio E17. No fatigue, no harshness. I have not even needed to EQ it.

My home set up is perfect for me but I do road trips almost weekly and stay at hotel or with friends. All this search is to find the right portable wireless combo.

Regarding Sony 1000xm2, i kind of liked the sound but it was not loud enough for me so ES100 solved the problem. I dont take it too loud because sound starts to falls apart at too high a volume but i have found a good level so far. Also sony's wire is small so easier to manage with ES100 ( HEX V2 has huge double sided cable).

Regarding LDAC, i know a little about the bluetooth codecs and i know that LDAC belongs to sony but i dont know how to see which codec is being used playing youtube music videos.

Aug 19, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #199 of 785
You have to set your BT mode through your phone to highest audio quality in the settings. Your phone should then flash "connected via LDAC" or something like that.

Sep 2, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #202 of 785
Completely different :) you can not really compare IEMs and over ears. They are complementary for me.
Amiron Wireless is more comparable to 1770Pro but is probably a little bit warmer, not as neutral.

Tnx for answer.I was just wondering if the amiron was worth getting because of the bluetooth,and using it with watching movies.But then again i got the v-moda crossfade 2 wireless that i use on the tv with bluetooth (great bass,but soundstage is not that great,but ok).Maybe its not worth sacrifacing the xelentos.They dont get that much use,but when they do,i really love the sound.They have an out of your head soundstage :)

Sep 4, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #204 of 785
Does beyerdynamic sell the bluetooth cable to the remote version?

You're talking about the Xelento Wireless, right? Not yet. But it's close as far as I know.

BTW: the Amiron Wireless just got a nice review:
http://headphone.guru/beyerdynamic-amiron-wireless/

I don't think that they corrected it with DSP though, that would be quite Beyer-unlike. It does offer sound personalization in active mode only, but that's another thing and intentional.

Sep 5, 2018 at 1:20 AM Post #205 of 785
You're talking about the Xelento Wireless, right? Not yet. But it's close as far as I know.

BTW: the Amiron Wireless just got a nice review:
http://headphone.guru/beyerdynamic-amiron-wireless/

I don't think that they corrected it with DSP though, that would be quite Beyer-unlike. It does offer sound personalization in active mode only, but that's another thing and intentional.

Yes.But im goimg to keep the xelentos :)

Sep 5, 2018 at 1:56 AM Post #206 of 785
Yes.But im goimg to keep the xelentos :)

They will gain the personalization feature with the wireless option as well... my pair is waiting for the Bluetooth option to become available as well, albeit not because of that feature.

Sep 29, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #207 of 785
Hey everyone,

Wondering if any current owners can comment more on any audible Bluetooth compression.

Do the Amiron Wireless sound congested in Bluetooth mode compared to decent wired headphones?

I guess I'd describe congestion almost like lossy compression, but not quite. It's less about missing sounds, and more about distortion created from trying to stuff everything in the pipeline; and when it comes out on the other end and gets reconstructed, whatever made it through sounds thinner, has less depth, is sometimes distorted, sounds more artificial. It's less about the presence of highs/lows/mids and more about the quality of each. Bass can still hit low but sound thin like it's coming from a cheap speaker that reached its limit, an orchestra can sound like it's playing in a tin can instead of a vast concert hall but you still hear every note and nuance.

I ask because I've bought and then sold or returned a bunch of BT headphones because yeah they sounded great for Bluetooth headphones, but the moment you A-B compare even the best Bluetooth headphones to any decent wired headphones, you suddenly notice how congested the BT headphones are.

In other words, with decent wired headphones, you can immerse yourself and hear only the music. Like it's live.

With BT headphones, I'm always aware that I'm listening to music that was recorded and is being reproduced by software and hardware; they always sound artificial.

A couple of posts here hint that maybe the Amiron wireless also shows show signs of such limitations. That's my biggest fear and the least addressed issue in online comments. Everyone talks about comfort, highs and lows and how frequencies are close to their wired counterpart , MIY app ... But I found next to nothing on comparisons of Bluetooth vs wired with respect to congestion.

To give you a better idea, here's some of the headphones I've heard for extended periods of time (30-75 hours) not just during a quick store demo and noticed very audible BT congestion: Sennheiser HD1 Wireless, Bose Quiet Comfort 35-II, Sony WH-1000XM2, Sennheiser PXC550, Bower & Wilkins PX, plus in ears Jabra Elite 35t, Beoplay E8 and Samsung Gear IconX 2018.

The ones I heard the least amount of audible compression but the moment you A-B them with a wired set you notice how badly they try to squish the music into the available bandwidth: PSB M4U 8, NAD Viso HP70, Master & Dynamic MW60, Sony WH-1000XM3, KEF SPACE ONE Wireless, Focal Listen Wireless.

I'm afraid of throwing 700$ at the Amiron and ending up with something as deficient as everything else I've tried.

Sep 29, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #208 of 785
I think the Sony xm3 is pretty good-- the best of what you've listed imo. My go to has been DT 1770 with Es100. It just sounds awesome and calls on the es100 are the best I've had for a BT. I have yet to find a combo to beat that. Have not done an a/b with Amiron though. Regardless, I'm selling mine. Money is tight and I need the cash. $450 if you're interested and I have some extras with it, in terms of cables, carrying case, and ear pads.

Oct 1, 2018 at 12:38 AM Post #209 of 785
Am considering this, but the weight puts me off. Kinda defeats the purpose of going wireless. How does the sound compare with other wireless can like the B&W PX, Nuraphone, or B&O high end?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #210 of 785
I've tried these last week just from my iPhone (wired and with Bluetooth) using my standard test tracks. My favorite sound signature of any Beyer. The highs are not lacking or too bright for my sensitive ears. The mids are just right, not exaggerated or recessed. The low mids to mid bass is pretty flat with a subtle mid bass bump that is not intrusive. The sub extension is great, well down below 20 hz and I detected very little roll off as it went down into the 20's. Spacious, but not exaggerated, accurate soundstage. Comfort is good too.

Passive noise isolation was good. Comfort great since they extended farther vs. older series Beyers and reached my ears ok. Well padded everywhere, light, not too much clamp. Didn't get to walk too far from my phone to judge BT connection. To me BT (no profiling, stock out of the box) was as good or better (yes, possibly) vs. wired. A rare achievement. What all pleather ear pads fit these?. If anyone has a comprehensive list that'd be great. Also, how do the ear pads come off? I don't own these yet - but those are considerations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back