Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
Jan 11, 2018 at 4:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 784

obsidyen

Headphoneus Supremus
Wireless full size Tesla headphone. I think I want one. :)

beyerdynamic-amiron-wireless-3.jpg

Source: https://www.cnet.com/news/beyerdynamic-amiron-wireless-hands-on-preview-ces/

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #2 of 784
This is actually really great. Pretty much this would be the best wireless headphone out there.

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #3 of 784
This is actually really great. Pretty much this would be the best wireless headphone out there.

I agree. I can use it at home with cable as well. Beyerdynamic has recently become a very innovative company. Plus they make some of the best looking headphones out there.

Jan 12, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #4 of 784
We may even see them available in a couple months. Would be even better with an internal dac, and Sony ldac included. If only...

Jan 13, 2018 at 4:40 AM Post #5 of 784
We may even see them available in a couple months. Would be even better with an internal dac, and Sony ldac included. If only...

I agree, it charges via usb-c so using the internal dac directly with the usb-c cable would be awesome. Sony Ldac is a proprietary technology though so I wouldn't be very hopeful about it.

Jan 13, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #6 of 784
I know. It won't happen, but it could. Sony is licensing it to Google for use in Android Oreo, and Sony obviously licensed blu ray tech to everyone, so it seems plausible that ldac could eventually make its way to other headphone manufacturers. Either that, or Sony should make a headphone with decent drivers. I considered taking a MDR 1000x, and sticking a tesla driver in it, but I don't have the skill to pull it off.

Jan 13, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #7 of 784
On my must-buy list. I like Beyer cans (my daughter has DT880, I have T1p and owned T1v2 in the past), and I’ve been enjoying the pair of B&W PX wireless I bought recently... sure, there are concessions to sound quality vs my “serious” headphones, but the freedom of wireless is a great benefit outside the home (and even inside, for certain applications!). I’m using the PX with AptX HD and find it to be notably better than compressed Bluetooth.

I generally use my PX with my KANN (SP1000 sounds the same), but even sometimes just with my Apple Watch. Super convenient!

I hope they can hit Spring 2018, but I’d expect summer or later if it’s not yet final. I expect these Amiron’s to sound better than the PX.

Jan 15, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #10 of 784
Over ear. Won't be similar at all to the QC 35, though. No NC, but much much better SQ.

Jan 17, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #13 of 784
The Amiron Home are one of my TOP headphones under $1500. These new wireless look great! Hope to have the opportunity to check them out.

Same here, I actually think it's Beyers best headphone right now. Wish I had some better gear to better realize it's potential as I know it's held back on my system, may get a better cable sometime as well, after I upgrade my system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back