beyer t70 & t70p NEW!
Jul 14, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #601 of 623
Just got a pair of the regular T70 250ohm today.  Build quality is really nice.  Trying them out on my Valhalla 2 right now.

EDIT:  See a lot of people pad rolling, are the stock not very good?

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #602 of 623
  Just got a pair of the regular T70 250ohm today.  Build quality is really nice.  Trying them out on my Valhalla 2 right now.

EDIT:  See a lot of people pad rolling, are the stock not very good?

It is not that the stock pads are bad, I found them too shallow.  This meant that my ears pressed against the headphone interior and made them uncomfortable over time.  I also wanted to try other pads to try and bring the bass forward a touch and smooth the treble peaks a tad to reduce sibilance. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #603 of 623
It is not that the stock pads are bad, I found them too shallow.  This meant that my ears pressed against the headphone interior and made them uncomfortable over time.  I also wanted to try other pads to try and bring the bass forward a touch and smooth the treble peaks a tad to reduce sibilance. 

After listening to them for a few hours, know what you mean already. Presses against my ears a bit and the treble is a bit fatiguing.

Jul 14, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #604 of 623
After listening to them for a few hours, know what you mean already. Presses against my ears a bit and the treble is a bit fatiguing.

yup my exact experience.  I got a pair of the Dekoni Premium Pads and they are wonderful.  Resolved all of my issues! there is a picture of them earlier on the thread.

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #605 of 623
yup my exact experience.  I got a pair of the Dekoni Premium Pads and they are wonderful.  Resolved all of my issues! there is a picture of them earlier on the thread.

I saw those earlier, they look very nice. I found them on amazon for $40, is that pretty standard or do they go on sale sometimes?

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #606 of 623
Jul 14, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #607 of 623
Jul 20, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #608 of 623
Well this sucks... I've got bad bass rattle in the left cup.  Is this a common and easily fixed issue?  I don't mind opening the cup up and getting inside there myself.  No warranty I'm afraid...

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #609 of 623
Mar 26, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #611 of 623
Happy T70 250Ω owner here. I agree with most people that they are bass-shy, but EQ or a high output impedance OTL tube amp fixes that quite nicely. They never have a very hard-hitting bass, but it is quite detailed. Mids and treble are also a bit thin on a solid state amp IMO, but tubes fix that. EQ can make the mids and treble darker, but can't quite get the texture and body that tubes have. I highly recommend a Crack for people who find their T70's a bit thin from solid state gear. I have yet to experiment with pad-rolling.

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:05 PM Post #612 of 623
Has anyone tried angled pads yet? I'm going to try some different pads, and the brainwavz angled leather pads are tempting, but no one has posted impressions of them on T70's, so I'm hesitant. I might just order a pair of flat hybrids and a pair of angled, but that is a lot of $$ to spend on pads IMO. The angled pads also have a smaller horizontal measurement than the flats, so they might not fit as well. If someone can convince me that the Dekoni pads are worth the extra money, I might get those.

So many options 
eek.gif

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #613 of 623
I got the Dekoni pads, and OH MAN they are amazing... 
L3000.gif

But only in the bass. the treble somehow sounds more sibilant. I'm assuming that will go away as the leather softens, but I have switched my EQ profile to -4db at 8k and -2db at 4k. It's also possible that the treble actually isn't, but the dramatically increased bass impact makes the treble seem more sibilant. Anyway, I seriously recommend you try these if you find the bass lacking in impact. These impressions are all from my magni 2 u. I have yet to try the dekoni pads from the tube amp.

Edit 30min in, i'm using just -3db at 8k. these are burning in quickly and noticeably! Or i'm adjusting quickly. I think a bit of both.

Sep 11, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #614 of 623
After a several months, I would like to report that the pleather of the dekoni pads does soften up, along with the foam, which ultimately leaves the sound fairly similar so the stock pads, with a touch more bass. They are more comfortable, though, and the felt on them is useful.
I have started experimenting with methods of taming the treble (other than EQ), and found that a single ply of toilet paper put between the pad's felt (there is no such felt on the stock pads) and the felt on the inside of the cups helps dramatically reduce the peak, at the cost of attenuating the 6k region too much (only a dB or so). It also leaves about 2 dB of the peak. This mod (if you want to call it that) is extremely easy to do and undo if you want. all you need is a pair of pads with felt on the inside and a scissors for cutting the toilet paper into a circle.

Nov 20, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #615 of 623
After a several months, I would like to report that the pleather of the dekoni pads does soften up, along with the foam, which ultimately leaves the sound fairly similar so the stock pads, with a touch more bass. They are more comfortable, though, and the felt on them is useful.
I have started experimenting with methods of taming the treble (other than EQ), and found that a single ply of toilet paper put between the pad's felt (there is no such felt on the stock pads) and the felt on the inside of the cups helps dramatically reduce the peak, at the cost of attenuating the 6k region too much (only a dB or so). It also leaves about 2 dB of the peak. This mod (if you want to call it that) is extremely easy to do and undo if you want. all you need is a pair of pads with felt on the inside and a scissors for cutting the toilet paper into a circle.
if you dont mind adding hardware, the schiit loki mini works wonders with the t70. i personally think the treble is spot on stock, but i do wish for more bass. the loki is perfect for that purpose! i give a slight increase to both the sub and mid bass knobs, and leave the mid treble and upper treble alone, and the t70 sounds awesome. all the mid/treble details it's know for, plus a noticeable increase in bass slam and weight. i did play with the loki's treble knobs and the t70 took it fine without distorting. i just like a bit of brightness, so i prefer the treble stock.

i have the dekoni sheepskin ear pads on, super comfy, and the deeper side walls keep my ears from touching the driver screens. great pads! they add just a touch more bass resonance, without dramatically affecting mids/highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back