Beyer A1 or Meier Concerto with Beyer T1s?
May 25, 2011 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ronrad

100+ Head-Fier
So I'm looking for an amp for my T1s.

All the reviews I've seen on the A1 complain about it at the price point of $1200 or so, however, Headroom has a sale on the A1 at the moment for $779.   I'm seeing used Concertos for $600 or so.  At any rate, anyone have any info on how those pairings would compare?   I know a lot of people are recommending tubes for the T1, and I suspect that might be a sound I'd like, however, I have a pair of 3 year olds at home, so I'm thinking that I want to stick to ss.

May 26, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 4
Absolutely open to more suggestions! Those two seemed to come up in my searching. The Concerto being a choice that a number of people seem to recommend with the t1 and the a1 seemed interesting as obviously Beyer would have designed it with the t1 in mind

I'm also toying with the idea of the a1 as I can do a 30 day trial on it from headroom. I notice you are a fan of the Burson and that came up as well although people seem to prefer the concerto to the Burson in the direct compares I've seen so far with the T1

May 26, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #4 of 4
I'd like to hear more opinions on this as well. I currently own the Burson amp, and enjoy it with both my Beyerdynamic DT880's and Sennheiser HD650's (depending on the recording), but I am thinking of purchasing the T1's as well. And I've heard mixed reviews about the Burson-T1 combo.

For instance, a number of folks say the Meier is pretty good with the T1's, and I've also heard people compare the Meier and Burson and conclude that they were pretty similar. One might then think that if the T1 matches pretty well with the Meier, it would match pretty well with the Burson. Some have said the combo is fine, and others have said that the combo was very off.

Many folks have commented that the T1's are especially fine with a good tube amp. But yes, like you I'd like to hear what people think is the best ss for the T1 (at or under say $1,000).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back