Better than my K1000... (!?)
May 16, 2007 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Nik

Headphoneus Supremus
Yes, this is the first time I'm listening with something better respect to my K1000, what is this? Simple... two little speakers called: ProAc Response one SC !!! Fabolous with the Air Tight!

May 16, 2007 at 10:12 AM Post #3 of 18
Is it because of the different presentation of the speakers compared to the headphones? I've found that although speakers are more engaging with the physical impact of the music, my headphones are much more detailed. I don't want to give up one for the other, however, as there are times when I enjoy using both!

May 16, 2007 at 10:16 AM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it because of the different presentation of the speakers compared to the headphones? I've found that although speakers are more engaging with the physical impact of the music, my headphones are much more detailed. I don't want to give up one for the other, however, as there are times when I enjoy using both!

No, I don't consider the different presentation (the K1000 is the most speaker like), just thinking to the quality of the sound... (timbre), may be the ProAc can build some headphones...

May 16, 2007 at 10:22 AM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, this is the first time I'm listening with something better respect to my K1000, what is this? Simple... two little speakers called: ProAc Response one SC !!! Fabolous with the Air Tight!

I had those speakers for a short while, but personally I didn't find them as special as my Acoustic Energy AE1 MkIII were. (ahhh....
frown.gif
)

May 16, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moloko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Another beloved set of speakers of mine (ahhh...again
frown.gif
) were the Harbeth HL-P3/ES (there's an updated version currently).

Do we know you (lay)man? Or can I call you Andrea, HeavySoul
aka inconnu
aka Albert
aka layman
aka joe_average
aka altglos
aka Mr boobi
aka mikesand
aka blindbuy
aka The Well
aka yummy-fi

wink.gif

May 16, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #9 of 18
Yep - speakers = better to me too.

Pro ac's are no slouch either.

May 16, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #10 of 18
Um ok, yeah.

Nice expensive loudspeakers being driven by an uber-expensive amp and you like the way it sounds better than the K1000s? No big surprise there.

I got all excited for a few seconds there thinking I would come into this thread to learn about a new pair of phones that blew away the K1000s. I knew that sounded too good to be true - and I was right. I just wish I didn't fall for it hook, line and sinker.

smily_headphones1.gif

May 16, 2007 at 8:10 PM Post #13 of 18
Interesting... I consider ProAc's to be the Sennheiser of speaker world, usually not the domain of AKG lovers.

No doubt the AirTight/Proac combo is sounding great, but there's certainly more "more" to be had in the monitor speaker world.

May 16, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #14 of 18
When I was in the monitor market I did a shootout with my dealer between the ProAc Response 1SC, Totem Mani-2, B&W Nautilus 805 and Ruark Sterling Solus. I do remember auditioning a pair of Wilson Audio's that blew away the competition but couldn't afford them. Eventually passed on both the B&W and Ruark, simply because the factory stands I felt were much over priced. It's been awhile so I can't recall my thoughts and opinions. Ended up with 1SC because I was given a price I couldn't refuse (my dealer is very pro British gear). In the end I'm still enjoying my decision.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back