Better Fit With Yuin PK3?
May 21, 2009 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Thrashingshrimp

100+ Head-Fier
So I love my Pk3's, it's just that the fit for my left ear is not that great. My right ear is perfect, but the buds keep falling out of my left ear. I decided to put two pads onto the left bud, and it helped a little. But I'm just wondering if anyone else has this issue and how they have learned to cope with it.

Help?

May 21, 2009 at 10:24 PM Post #2 of 6
Sorry, I don't have that problem, so I can't be of much help.

I'm guessing, though, that the problem is in the width of the earphone not fitting snug enough into your ear? Putting more pads on it may not really help long term, since that also can add depth and possibly push the earbud out of your ear farther. Maybe if you can figure out some way of adding a rubber band that won't deteriorate (like one out of silicone or something) to fit on the inside or outside of the pad? Just something or another to widen it out so it fits in that area of your ear better.

May 22, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #3 of 6
I have the EXACT same problem. It's even my LEFT ear =)

I haven't tried an extra pad on it, though. Really what I need is something that has some 'stick' to it... like what was suggested above.

You'd think there would be a similar size pad (like for another set of phones) that is rubbery ... then just pop them on the PK3s. Otherwise the only solution is some kinda mod... but I'm not too keen on glueing rubber bands to my 'phones.

May 22, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #6 of 6
If you need to glue, I'd just glue them to the foam pads on the outside. Use very little glue so it doesn't seep through the pad and glue them to the 'phones. You might also see if there are any cheap earbuds that you can cannibalize a rubberized ring from.

Another option may be to get some epoxy polyester modeling putty to widen the phone. They can be a little fragile though, so if the size discrepancy is wide they may not be a great choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back