Best Xbox 360 Gaming Headphones
Jan 23, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #31 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foe-hammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For gaming i have a small receiver that supports Dolby Headphone, DD 5.1, DTS 5.1-6.1 and DPII. For headphones i use some Beyer DT880 '05s and have a headset boom mic that soldered and put together to work with the headphones and the 360 controller. I attached the boom mic under the headphone cable base (it looks very clean and performs very well, and can be removed). I used to use a zalman clip on mic, but i found myself talking rather loud so that others could hear me. For an amp i use a CI Audio VHP-2.

Thank you for the info. Funnily enough I was thinking of doing something like that on my HD25-1.

I should've bought an HMD/HME25.
rolleyes.gif
But they're like twice as expensive everywhere I've looked.

Apologies again to OP for derailing the thread.
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #32 of 46
I appreciate and the input guys and I am going to check out that AVS thread. Amazon actually had the TB X4's on sale for $140 last week so I may wait for that price again. My only concern is that I read there is a lot of interference with Plasma tv's and I sit relatively close to mine. I also read the line of sight is pretty bad due to them being wireless.

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #33 of 46
After reading through close to 30 pages of the AVS Forums I think I came with a fairly easy solution to add a mic to my 360 for any stereo headphones. I found this thread along the way and found it quite helpful. Kool Bubba Ice's Base I am still interested in taking any advice on which to buy of my original list. Through the AVS thread they tended to praise the Sennheiser HD555 and Audio Technica AD700 the most. I am still on the fence.

Jan 23, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #34 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foe-hammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD codecs is what really interests me on SC... but until the next wave of systems come out, it really is not all that important for gaming (at least on the 360 - supports only DD 5.1). Though it would be nice for movies.

You should also consider the PS3, since Sony takes audio more seriously then MS. Quite a few games support DTS 5.1 and LPCM 5.1/7.1. IE, Uncharted, NFS Carbon, Resistence fall of man, And KZ2 is reported to have upgraded audio plus 7.1 support. MS has done a major diservice for gamers who want to get the best audio possible.

Jan 24, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #35 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbeno13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After reading through close to 30 pages of the AVS Forums I think I came with a fairly easy solution to add a mic to my 360 for any stereo headphones. I found this thread along the way and found it quite helpful. Kool Bubba Ice's Base I am still interested in taking any advice on which to buy of my original list. Through the AVS thread they tended to praise the Sennheiser HD555 and Audio Technica AD700 the most. I am still on the fence.

That is a good option, but i highly recommend getting the astro mixamp DH unit to go along with those headphones.

Jan 24, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #36 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should also consider the PS3, since Sony takes audio more seriously then MS. Quite a few games support DTS 5.1 and LPCM 5.1/7.1. IE, Uncharted, NFS Carbon, Resistence fall of man, And KZ2 is reported to have upgraded audio plus 7.1 support. MS has done a major diservice for gamers who want to get the best audio possible.

I'll get one eventually, but seeing as DSP surround interests me most for FPS, and i hate the PS3's controller for FPS, i'm not overly inclined to get one for that purpose.

Jan 24, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #37 of 46
does anyone know if there is a seperate unit, like the pioneers that you can buy that will do the yamaha Silent Cinema processing, i dont want a whole AVR, just a little box of some kind to plug headphones in with thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #39 of 46
yeah ive got the pioneer dir 800c's, well ive got the base station, i broke the headphones on both places over the last 3 or 4 years, so at first i was looking for a new set of wireless phones for them. But then i started reading and everyone says to just get wired and you still get the DH processing, so now im looking at new headphones, im thinking the AT A900's are looking pretty good, maybe the 700's to save a bit of cash. but i need closed cans, if youve got any other idea's? ill mainly be listening to like 50% video games from the 360 in DD, 40% movies, Blu or HD DVD, and then the last bit would be music, though if they turn out to be too awesome i may end up with a bit more music in there. Mostly metal and rock.

thanks
soup
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 24, 2009 at 7:40 AM Post #41 of 46
so ive done a bit more reading on here now, and the more i read the more i find even more options, which isnt helping lol but i think ive got it narrowed down the the a7/900 ad7/900, i dont really know if the 900's are better enough to warrant the price but since they're like twice as much i doubt it. At first i was thinking i wouldnt want open cans, but im realizing they're gonna be quieter than the speakers so anyone around can deal and everyone says they have a much better soundstage which i think should help with the 3d imaging from the DH? and then the other phone would be the grado sr225, but are those over ear or on ear? im just worried about the comfort on those. And lastly in the buyers guide it says the a900s have a huge soundstage, can it compare to the ad's?

thanks for all your help
soup

Feb 3, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #42 of 46
Okay I have done a crapload of research over the following week aka I read all 90+ pages of that AVS thread. The only problem this hasn't helped me pick a headphone. I am now looking at the following as potential.

Senn HD 555
Beyer 05 DT 770
Audio Technica AD700

I am concerned about the comfort of the AD700 because I think it might be too big for my head. Also I really like the look of the HD555 but heard they are not as good as the other two. Then the Beyer's are the most expensive plus I think I will need an amp too. Would it be okay to use the Fiio E5 amp to power these headphones? I am also concerned that the AD700 and HD55 don't have enough Bass so that is how the Beyer came into the picture. I appreciate any input.
L3000.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 10:27 PM Post #44 of 46
Does anyone have a link for a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter to connect my zalman mic to my 360 controller. I think that I am supposed to get a mono one but with all the searching on google, amazon, monoprice, etc I can't figure out which to buy. Looking to spend $5 at most. Thanks.
icon10.gif

Feb 13, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #45 of 46
What is DTS: Surround Sensations? Will it be applicable to the gaming headphone environment in consoles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back