Best way to lose some weight?
Apr 4, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #91 of 98
Stop eating sugar.

At 6 foot I should weigh 190lbs, is what I weighed in 2021 but was at 245lbs after the Holidays.
I dropped 30lbs over the past couple months and hit 215lbs today.

I will be satisfied at 200 and am comforted in knowing the last 15 come off easier that the first 15.
Then I can have a decent cup of coffee, because it's not worth drinking without sugar.

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:00 AM Post #94 of 98
In the past I had good luck with the Paleo Diet, eat like a caveman.
Meat, butter, meat, eggs, meat... My weight went down and my cholesterol went up.
Temporarily, till I modified my diet. No Stantin drugs for me, thank you, Doctor.

Apr 11, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #96 of 98
Eat less, eat well, stop drinking alcohol and exercise.

I lost 10kg (22lb) in 4-5 months by completely cutting out sugar, alcohol and decreasing carbs by 80%. Plus, I started to run 32km (20 miles) per week.
Once I reached my weight-loss goal, I eased up on my diet eating more carbs and occasionally having some desserts or even a beer. I still do my runs.

Stop watching all the weight-loss health-gurus on YouTube, diet is simple math: your calorie intake must be less than what your body burns. On an average day (without heavy exercise) the average body needs 2000 calories. I did not use a calorie counting app, but roughly calculated in my head not to exceed 1500 calories for those weight-loss months.

Apr 28, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #98 of 98
Like many said losing weight is a matter of having a daily calorie deficit, but staying healthy is a different matter. Get an active dog! They'll make you walk and change your lifestyle. Eat less fat, sugar, carbs, sodium. Snack on veggies and fruits. In 2017, I lost 60lbs in one year eating a clean diet and bicycling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back