best way to convert flac to atrac3+?
Dec 17, 2007 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

panda

1000+ Head-Fier
is sonicstage the only way to convert files into the atrac format? i use foobar to encode everything cause it's so convenient. the majority of my music is in flac format. although i also have a lot of mp3s that i'm willing to transcode into atrac for battery life reasons, i'd rather not have to convert flac-mp3-atrac if there is an alternative. i suppose i could just convert to wav but i would lose all my id3 info and it would be such a pain in the ass to retype in everything...

does sonic stage support apple lossless? if so, is there a way to convert flac to apple lossless through foobar?

Dec 17, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 3
the best way I've found is to use flac frontend:
FLAC frontend

I batchconvert to wav and then in sonicstage I convert it to ATRAC advanced lossless /256kb. That means that I can choose to transfer the lossless file or a smaller lossy 256 file to the player.

It *is* a bit tedious but I can keep my files lossless and as long as I do that I can always go the other route back to flac again if I want to.

Dec 17, 2007 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 3
i've used that program to convert to flac before foobar came out with encoding support. i'll be converting all the files to atrac3plus @ 192. reason i ask if sonicstage supports apple lossless is so that i could just convert from flac to that through foobar without losing tag info. i guess my only option is to convert to aac 320 then to atrac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back