evil_smiley.gif

Mar 17, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #33 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YES!

didnt know itwas a game, when i saw the films

i do love milla tho
evil_smiley.gif

Ever see her in that Joan of Arc movie before she decided to be an action hero actor? I think it is quite good and she is obviously capable of more than the likes of Resident Evil but I guess RE pays much better.

Mar 17, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #34 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ever see her in that Joan of Arc movie before she decided to be an action hero actor? I think it is quite good and she is obviously capable of more than the likes of Resident Evil but I guess RE pays much better.

luc besson's Fifth Element, I concider that to be the best movie with her in.
Not really a action hero there either.

Mar 17, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #37 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't waste your time. May Payne is awful.

Silent Hill was a fairly good movie. The first Resident Evil was mediocre. The second stunk to high heaven, haven't seen the third. Doom was pitiful. The Mortal Kombat movie was laughable. I despise Angelina Jolie so much I refuse to watch Tomb Raider movies
tongue_smile.gif

Fallout needs a movie adaptation ASAP!

I agree with you MoodySteve, Bioshock could be really cool if done right.

The thirds RE movie was by fasr the best and most competently made film of the series so far (are they makng more?).

Anyway, I thought both Tomb Raiders where terrible (and the HD transfer is something to laugh at).

Mar 17, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #38 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UV- I'd be embarrased to have that in my collection

im not.. i love it
wink.gif
and i admit it, freely

i liked 1 and 3 best of the RE

Mar 17, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #39 of 53
I thought Hitman wasn't too bad.

Mar 17, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #40 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dzjudz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought Hitman wasn't too bad.

Terrible movie. So was Max Payne. I wonder if FEAR would be made into a movie? It certainly has story (similar idea to Silent Hill in a way) both have angry girls.

Mar 17, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #41 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Terrible movie. So was Max Payne. I wonder if FEAR would be made into a movie? It certainly has story (similar idea to Silent Hill in a way) both have angry girls.

Actually, I thought Hitman was one of the better video game movies. It was more or less true to the feel of the games (even the camera angles were similar at times) and wasn't atrocious.

I haven't seen Max Payne because I know how disappointed I'll be; those games COULD be very interesting movies if done in a proper film noir style and with the violence done just right (not 'action' violence, in other words). I could tell from the previews that it was just another Hollywood shoot-em-up.

F.E.A.R. barely had a story and the whole thing was set in an abandoned office building...don't see that panning out into an exciting movie.
tongue.gif

Hmmmm...for some reason the video game format seems resistant to translating to good movies!

Mar 17, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #42 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by MoodySteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmmm...for some reason the video game format seems resistant to translating to good movies!

Bingo, and that's the reason they shouldn't make video game movies, but they will because the stupid populous will continue to watch them so they make a quick buck.

If anyone tries to make a Half-Life movie, I will personally hunt them.

Mar 18, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #44 of 53
Going to have to go with Resident Evil 1 (was downhill from then on out) with a close second place to Silent Hill. I actually thought Silent Hill (barring the horrible dialogue/plot) was pretty good from a visual point of view.

Mar 18, 2009 at 4:29 AM Post #45 of 53
Mario Bros was awesome...and the Res Evil movies were fun, though pretty ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back