Best Value Headphone AFTER eq?
Apr 26, 2020 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jenkinsontherun

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I recently figured out equalizer apo+peace, and it has opened my eyes to another world of headphones. In fact, I'm surprised why many don't incorporate eq'ing to their reviews. True, some say that headphones "eq well," but don't follow through with eq settings and comments, etc. Anyways, that's just a side note.

I made this post to ask: "What's the best value headphone (in your opinion) after eq?"

These types of headphones can be spectacular within their price range, but contain a frequency response flaw that makes them "undesirable."

A good example that I can think of is the HD700, which I am actually eyeing right now. Is the claimed peak well controlled after eq? Another example would also be audezes in general, where the technicality and bass is extraordinary, but the mids/highs require eq'ing, but after that, they sound almost perfect to many.

TL;DR: looking for best value headphone considering EQ.

Thanks!

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 3
I had a good 10 band x2 channel EQ many years ago, but, found that it was audible, and being fixed, wasn't flexible enough.

Then I came across the Toneboosters parametric a month ago. It's improved the 3 cans I listen to a lot - a lot.

To answer your question. Used ~$1000: HFM HE6SE; Used ~$425: HFM HE500

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #3 of 3
I had a good 10 band x2 channel EQ many years ago, but, found that it was audible, and being fixed, wasn't flexible enough.

Then I came across the Toneboosters parametric a month ago. It's improved the 3 cans I listen to a lot - a lot.

To answer your question. Used ~$1000: HFM HE6SE; Used ~$425: HFM HE500
Thanks for the direct suggestions without rambling about eq, possible choices, etc. Stay safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back