Best uplifting/progressive/vocal trance albums of all time...
Mar 29, 2009 at 6:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

encrypted_trance

Head-Fier
Any opinions? I'll start off with:

Tiesto ISOS 6 - CD 1
Armin ASOT 2008 - CD 1
Above & Beyond - Tri-State
Digweed Transitions Vol 4 (I know not trance per se, but close)
Tiesto - Nyana CD 2

Loads of others, but I'm trying to think of albums that nail it pretty much end-to-end...

Mar 29, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 8
not so much vocal (although ther is some) but Infected Mushrooms

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #3 of 8
just bought today..."trance world 5" it's not an album but one of the best collections i have ever heard. mixed by robert nickson.

the problem in this genre is that every album usually contains a few good tracks and the others not so much. for example: all the anjunabeats series. so i usually get myself seperated tracks and make me collection.

but above&beyond tri-state is very good in most of it.

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #4 of 8
Infected Mushroom is still quite 'hard' compared to usual progressive - but very masterful.

Will check out Trance world 5...

I'd also add BT ESCM - amazing album and a real tester for good hi-fi

Mar 30, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #5 of 8
Hybrid has some gems though not all are vocal in nature. Kaskade is almost 100% female vocal (at least on the Strobelite Seduction album).

If you can find him (its very difficult), sjodalf pres morty lines had a bunch of free CDs on his site before it went poof. Nothing flac but all very VERY good.

Mar 31, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #7 of 8
Uplifting? I wouldn't know about albums, and to be honest, those particular artists are nowhere near as uplifting as some of the people that really do the stuff.

Artists to look for: Aly & Fila, Hybrid (I ****ing LOVE Finished Symphony), Gouryella, Gabriel & Dresden, Andy Blueman (especially him), Corderoy, Giuseppe Ottaviani, all of them are great uplifting trance artists.

I tend to listen to ah.fm (better than DI.fm in my opinion) avoid those "top-charting" artists because I don't care for their sound.

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #8 of 8
The DJs do good job of getting the right tracks into a mix - ISOS 6 CD 1 is an incredible example of this...Many of these DJ's are behind the production of a lot of artists you mention...

Myon and Shane54 have been doing some really good work of decent tunes and taking them to the next level

Users who are viewing this thread

Back