BEST TIPS FOR JVC FX500 ?
Aug 6, 2011 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 9
Meelec double flanges can work pretty well. 
UE single flanges as well
and Ortofon tips but these are very hard to purchase. 

Aug 6, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #5 of 9
Sorry for the double post. For the UE single flanges, which model of the UE earphone has the same tip size as the FX500? Because the UE store requires the model of the UE earphone for the purchase of the replacement tips.

Quote:
Thanks for the fast reply. What about the comply foam tips t-400/t-500?

Aug 6, 2011 at 2:35 PM Post #6 of 9

Quote:
Sorry for the double post. For the UE single flanges, which model of the UE earphone has the same tip size as the FX500? Because the UE store requires the model of the UE earphone for the purchase of the replacement tips.

Assuming the 500's have the same size nozzle as the 700's, the UE Triple.Fi single flange fit my 700's.  I think they are very comfortable  and are my second favorite for the JVC's but I think the Sony Hybrids sound a little bit better.  I think you can buy the Sony Hybrids in Best Buy.

Aug 6, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #7 of 9
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Assuming the 500's have the same size nozzle as the 700's, the UE Triple.Fi single flange fit my 700's.  I think they are very comfortable  and are my second favorite for the JVC's but I think the Sony Hybrids sound a little bit better.  I think you can buy the Sony Hybrids in Best Buy.

Thanks. The size of sony hybrids are universal?

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #9 of 9
Best FX-500 Tips (I've tried 11 different tip types, and these are the ones I liked):

1. ~ $15.00 USD:  HiFiMAN/Head-Direct "RE" series Bi-Flange Silicone tip, sold as a kit at head-direct.com with 2 pair of Bi-Flange tips and a set of stick-on filters. Personally I find these sets to sound the best of the bunch, and collect the least wax, and they fit my ears very comfortably.

2. ~ $5.00 USD: KOSS "KE29" "Earcushions" for IEM's, nice fitting, good with mids and treble while slightly de-emphasizing but not excessively toning-down the bass character. the thickness of the single-flange tips may be bothersome. I found them a bit "floppy".

3. ~ 8.00 USD: SONY Hybrid Silicone Multipack, there's a range of sizes, but basically you get ONE pair in the size you find that fits you. These fit nicely, kind of "suction themselves into your ear cavity" and slightly place empasis on the bass.

5. ~ ??? USD: SHURE Black Foam Sleeve (decored) "Olives" (medium) (for me)

6. ~ ??? USD: Phonak Audeo PFE Silicone Tips: These fit well, feel great (a nice silicone elastomer material) and give a nice character to the sound. (Medium) works for me, but I wish they had a size between (Med) and (Large)... That would be ideal.. and of course... they dont. boo hoo.

ENJOY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back