Best Sound Quality Music Player?
Dec 11, 2012 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Mheat122134

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm pretty new to these forums and recently have had trouble choosing a Music Player. I really just care of about audio quality and storage space, I had taken a look at the Cowon X7 would that be a good choice?

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #2 of 29
Which headphones or IEM's will you be using? How much do you want to spend roughly?

Dec 11, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #4 of 29
I think for that money Cowons are a nice choice. Something like the X7, Z2.

If you want to spend a little less I'll recommend Cowon C2, or Colorfly C3.

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #5 of 29
An iPod touch using any one of the numerous apps that allow you to tailor the sq will be equal to any Cowon you could possibly get. The deciding factor is: what features do you value most: battery life, capacitive screen, FM tuner, the ability to do a real line out, etc. These are what will make the real difference,...and the amount of $$$ your willing to spend.

Dec 11, 2012 at 7:59 PM Post #7 of 29
Anything cowon and sansadisk and nothing apple (fanboys are everywhere)

Yeah, right. That's why I own Cowon, Sandisk, Apple, Sony, etc. Don't spew bs or hate to start an uninformed flame war.

The iPod touch is fantastic,...

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #8 of 29
Quote:
Anything cowon and sansadisk and nothing apple (fanboys are everywhere)

Agreed. Cowon's with or without EQ sound the best of the commercial music players. 
My daughter has had a variety of apple mp3 players, none ever compared to my Cowon J3. She saw the light and now also uses a Cowon.

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Agreed. Cowon's with or without EQ sound the best of the commercial music players. 
My daughter has had a variety of apple mp3 players, none ever compared to my Cowon J3. She saw the light and now also uses a Cowon.

Without their EQ and other sound tweaks they sound just like everything else. 

Dec 11, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #10 of 29
Without their EQ and other sound tweaks they sound just like everything else. 

Cowon is no longer king of he hill,...and even BBE can now be had on the iPod touch. I know we both prefer the superior product that the iPod touch is. Too bad neither of us have one now. :p

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #11 of 29
Quote:
Cowon is no longer king of he hill,...and even BBE can now be had on the iPod touch. I know we both prefer the superior product that the iPod touch is. Too bad neither of us have one now.
tongue.gif

man.. i never liked BBE in the first place LOL.. the EQ controls on rockbox are topnotch, and is the only EQ that i actually use.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #13 of 29
Quote:
Cowon is no longer king of he hill,...and even BBE can now be had on the iPod touch. I know we both prefer the superior product that the iPod touch is. Too bad neither of us have one now.
tongue.gif

Maybe at tax time.....although I'd almost be tempted to go iPad mini instead, since I already have two great sounding iPods.

Dec 11, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #14 of 29

Users who are viewing this thread

Back