Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #6,226 of 7,916
it's not hard to distinguish at all. the high frequency part is main difference.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #6,227 of 7,916
And I never met anyone who can actually distinguish FLACs with V0/320 Mp3. Even on my stereo system.

Well now you have met someone who can distinguish the difference so you can't say that anymore :).  

I don't know what  sources you have used.  However, go to the Audio Technica ath-e70 or westone w80 or um pro 50 thread and ask if they really can tell a difference between mp3 and flac.  Especially with the Audio Technica ath-e70 as it's used for studio mixing and mastering and musicians.  It's a very technical IEM.  

There's a night and day difference between mp3 and flac with the ath-e70.  The difference is very apparent as it relates to the high frequencies and also the bass.

As I'm writing this I'm noticing that statement is wrong for so many reasons!  First is compression.  With any form of data science whether your talking about music data or website analytics data.  Here's why:
  • it's always best practice to keep a copy of the data in it's original form because once you alter the data you can't get it back.
  • One can't say they sound the same simply because we don't know which compression algorithm was used...
  • I know a lot of algoritms compress the hi frequencies because mp3 tends to be bottom heavy.  But one wouldn't notice without the right equipment.

I had my 17 year old God son in the car who can tell the difference between Google Music and and Tidal Hifi.

Also, go to anyone who owns a Lg v20 they should be able to tell the difference as well because it's an analytical source given they have high end iems.

I would recommend this combo for testing lg v20 and ath-e70.  Not trying to be funny, but if you tell me you can't hear the difference with that setup I would say it may be time for a visit to the audiologist.  

Edit:

That was the first thing I noticed with the Axon 7 was that it was bottom heavy and lacked the treble extension.  So on a device like that, it may be hard to tell the difference because the frequencies aren't there.  imho

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:47 PM Post #6,229 of 7,916
  wow i just said that without even reading your post.  Are we somehow conspiring through mental telapathy or something? ...

Because It is the truth. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if anyone thinks you can't distinguish, I can say it is a matter of time and experience need. It is same process as drawing picture. If you have good teacher, good guide and you practice a lot starting from easy stuff or the stuff you like to. it can be improved. Testing FLAC vs 320 is the same story. 

I won't force anyone to believe this. It is an individual satisfactory whether to stay at which point of audiophile/music lover route. 

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #6,230 of 7,916
The xiaomi mix is pretty damn good.
It can run 24bit 192khz music and has huge internal storage (no expansion storage however).

I was pleasantly surprised and did some research online. Apparently they have a company called Dirac helping them to optimize the music.

Would recommend (coming from a person who owns ar m2)

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:50 PM Post #6,231 of 7,916
The xiaomi mix is pretty damn good.
It can run 24bit 192khz music and has huge internal storage (no expansion storage however).

I was pleasantly surprised and did some research online. Apparently they have a company called Dirac helping them to optimize the music.

Would recommend (coming from a person who owns ar m2)

The price is still high T_T I need to wait it to be more balanced price. Demand is over supply.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #6,232 of 7,916
  Because It is the truth. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if anyone thinks you can't distinguish, I can say it is a matter of time and experience need. It is same process as drawing picture. If you have good teacher, good guide and you practice a lot starting from easy stuff or the stuff you like to. it can be improved. Testing FLAC vs 320 is the same story. 

I won't force anyone to believe this. It is an individual satisfactory whether to stay at which point of audiophile/music lover route. 

Yes and I have to stress whether mp3 vs flac makes a difference is not a matter of opinion or something that one needs software to test like whether cables matter or something like that.  

With the right equipment its like night and day; very noticeable.

Jan 6, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #6,233 of 7,916

This is exactly what i felt when i got my x3. But as i listened to it more day by day, i came to know the difference.

In short, low end becomes extremely tight with sweet upper range when hi-fi mode is turned on. Mids take a slight back seat because ess dac is tuned in that way.

I have to listen some classical music to know this difference.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #6,237 of 7,916
The price is still high T_T I need to wait it to be more balanced price. Demand is over supply.

It's not that bad given the spec.
If this was sold by big brands then the price would probably be doubled.

Also forgot to mention the storage is ufs which is extremely fast for large file transfer.

All the dac out there are pushing for sound quality difference that is hardly noticable for outside use, with slower smaller storage and no quick charge etc.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #6,238 of 7,916
And I never met anyone who can actually distinguish FLACs with V0/320 Mp3. Even on my stereo system.

difficult. and not for all contents.
(talking about properly encoded mp3 above v0, there are too many bad mp3s not worth discussing)

generally i feel lossless to be cleaner and more coherent.

btw, considering file size differences, honestly i don't see the point of 320k mp3 (lame aptly named it as "insane"), v0~v2 mp3 is valuable for storage & format constrained devices through.
personally i don't trust a 320k mp3 encoding very much, after all it is "insane" 
wink.gif
 and various things can go wrong in the process.

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #6,240 of 7,916
  If the back plate is fixed via adhesives it should be possible to do that. I have used a hair-dryer to soften ahesive tapes a couple of times.

But please be careful!
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, I will be carefully to do it, how long you warmed dryer before opening the lid?
where do you suggest I buy original battery, I don't trust Ali.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back