Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #3,737 of 7,916
  how do the axon 7 compare to the LG V10

I don't know!
redface.gif

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #3,739 of 7,916
Interested in getting the Note 7. 

Has anyone compared the Exynos to the Snapdragon 820 for sound quality with a sensitive IEM? Using the 1964 Ears A6.

I currently have the Note 5, and want to make the upgrade.

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #3,740 of 7,916
  Interested in getting the Note 7. 

Has anyone compared the Exynos to the Snapdragon 820 for sound quality with a sensitive IEM? Using the 1964 Ears A6.

I currently have the Note 5, and want to make the upgrade.

I think both will be a downgrade to your Note 5, which has excellent audio quality. The Note 7 appears to be the same as the S7 and that was definitely a downgrade to the S6/Note 5. 

-Collin-

Aug 3, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #3,741 of 7,916

I think both will be a downgrade to your Note 5, which has excellent audio quality. The Note 7 appears to be the same as the S7 and that was definitely a downgrade to the S6/Note 5. 

-Collin-

It used to be (S4) that Exynos needed a decent Wolfson DAC/headphone amp, and the qualcomm thought it was good enough (but wasn't, especially then when the charge pump crapped out into <18 ohms).  So it depended on which region you lived in.

I'm not sure if that still applies. It should be noted that Sony and HTC all add something on top of the qualcomm processor for the audio.

So maybe the exynos version sounds good?

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #3,742 of 7,916

It used to be (S4) that Exynos needed a decent Wolfson DAC/headphone amp, and the qualcomm thought it was good enough (but wasn't, especially then when the charge pump crapped out into <18 ohms).  So it depended on which region you lived in.

I'm not sure if that still applies. It should be noted that Sony and HTC all add something on top of the qualcomm processor for the audio.

So maybe the exynos version sounds good?

To my knowledge, Sony does not add anything on top of the Qualcomm chip in any recent phones. HTC also may only add an amplifier, but it is said that the new SD820 audio setup is quite good. 

For S7, I have owned both Exynos and Qualcomm version and the Note 5 was clearly better, despite the international S7 having some sort of Cirrus Logic DAC. 

Perhaps wait for the LG V20 that is due out next month?

-Collin-

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #3,743 of 7,916
Quick update Duncan: I put the phone in airplane mode and connected to WiFi and tried UAPP again. Holy cow that is loud! I know the hardware volume is locked at max, but even with the software volume at like 25% it is MASSIVELY powerful. I knew this DAC was capable of driving earphones to these levels, but it still irks me that we have to use these workarounds. 

Anyway, I'll do some more listening, but this really sounds like the way to go despite the issues. Thanks for the heads-up on this. 

-Collin-
Set volume steps to 40 or 50 in UAPP to make it a little more bearable (50 seems to lower the max volume quite a bit, which isn't such a bad thing) - however, do you agree with me that the tonality is vastly different between UAPP and 'Hi-Fi mode'?

Also, something to be aware of (sorry, should've mentioned this in the beginning) - I think a fault of UAPP, there is no volume control if using native DSD, I believe it is stuck at maximum volume - albeit with the lower noise levels of DSD, not quite sure (it amazes me that what is in essence an on board DAC can do DSD256!!)

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #3,744 of 7,916
Hello

First of all I'm not a true audiophile and I apologize to present my question here  looking advice from good people.
I'm interested in purchasing a smartphone with a really good sound.

I'm searching for a HTC One M8 but I want to hear your useful opinion about other brands.

My daily use will be with V-Moda M-100 headphones + Fiio E12  + Neutron player and maybe V4A.

Sorry for my english if something is wrong.

Regards

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #3,746 of 7,916
Hello

First of all I'm not a true audiophile and I apologize to present my question here  looking advice from good people.

I'm searching for a HTC One M8 but I want to hear your useful opinion about other brands.

My daily use will be with V-Moda M-100 headphones + Fiio E12  + Neutron player and maybe V4A.

Regards

Never heard Htc one M8, but if you are looking for a smartphone with good sound the answer is simple HTC 10. But it's also rather expensive. Check the dedicated tread.

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #3,748 of 7,916
Never heard Htc one M8, but if you are looking for a smartphone with good sound the answer is simple HTC 10. But it's also rather expensive. Check the dedicated tread.

Yes I did a little research before looking the HTC 10, but is too expensive for me right now after my last expenses.

Today I did a tour to the center of my city looking at each store but without the possibility to listen and not because nobody could.

Maybe another day I'll take my headphones to test it. 

I want to give a chance to the xperia Z3 .
If another day I have the pleasure to hear it with my headphones .

Anyway your opinion will be very useful  for me and I'm sure that for the rest too.

Aug 4, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #3,749 of 7,916
  Hello

Regards

LG V10, Lenovo Vibe X3 and Vivo x series (if avail in your country), Sony X Performance, OPPO Find7/7a (if avail in your country)

I assume you can't find xiaomi/ meizu/ Letv easily right?

Please tell me if there is other brands avail in your country. I can scan that for you.

Aug 4, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #3,750 of 7,916

LG V10, Lenovo Vibe X3 and Vivo x series (if avail in your country), Sony X Performance, OPPO Find7/7a (if avail in your country)

I assume you can't find xiaomi/ meizu/ Letv easily right?

Please tell me if there is other brands avail in your country. I can scan that for you.

Maybe the Axon 7 will be available in your country too.

And what about Aliexpress? They ship to everywhere :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back