Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #3,196 of 7,916
To be honest I own You. I was this close to buy it. Thank You.
There must be some difference in US and China version. I've read that some people bricked their phones flashing Chinese version with US Rom.
Once again thank You I will look for Le Max.

OR look for Meizu Pro 5 as an another option. :D

I think the price has lowered due to upcoming new flagship Meizu Pro 6 Plus on 30 Jun. What I checked latest is only $430. I think Letv max price is same-same. 

FYI 
- Meizu is best at vocal and jazz or low BPM songs. If you are fan of colorfly c4, you shouldn't miss this phone. It will have a bit in common like good 3D presentation.
- while Letv is best at Rock Pop due to high impact and speedy lushly. It makes every song "LIVE" If you want some junior version of QP1R, Try this one. 

Note: I am no thinking that the phone can come close to DAP. It will never happen. This is just for VISUALIZATION. Please "NO DRAMA".

Jun 21, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #3,197 of 7,916
I was thinking about Meizu 5 pro for some time. Trouble is it's not working with Viper4android. I need it for Bluetooth connections. I've check Le Max. Price is a little bit high for 1 year old phone. It looks like I'm on search again.

Jun 21, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #3,198 of 7,916
I was thinking about Meizu 5 pro for some time. Trouble is it's not working with Viper4android. I need it for Bluetooth connections. I've check Le Max. Price is a little bit high for 1 year old phone. It looks like I'm on search again.

Hope you find what fits you most then. Wanna try Mi note Pro ? I believe V4A can be installed.

Jun 21, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #3,199 of 7,916

Cheapest Meizu Pro 5 I found on some Chinese websites.
$345 - 32gb version (silver)
$382 - 64gb version (gold)

Jun 21, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #3,201 of 7,916
To be honest I'm already angry I cannot find my new phone
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'm stuck with 3 year old Sgs4. It's ok soundwise but little bit old. Maybe I will check v10 or Vibe x3? We will see

I had the Sgs4, didn't like it. Poor battery life and the Snapdragon 600 would get pretty hot.
Swapped it after 2 months for a LG G2 which I loved for 2 years. I wouldn't go for the Sgs s4.
Soundwise the Sgs4 was more V-shaped than the flat LG G2, but this is a memory from 2 years ago which had to endure a whole lot of beer.

Jun 21, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #3,202 of 7,916
Haha My friend also still stuck with S4 as well. I now suggest him to buy meizu pro5 instead. I believe no later than end of next month, he could get one.

Jun 21, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #3,205 of 7,916
Has anyone used the new vivo x6 with the latest sabre dac amp. Any impressions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I use vivo x6 plus A 4000mAh couple of mounth, before i now buy xplay5s.

I can say it around 85% of quality of xplay5, and all 15% is in the bass section, so, i would say, if you are ok with bass booster progs, you will be ok with vivo x6.
On the better sode is - bigger battery with less pixel display and fm radio.

By the way, im selling my vivo x6 plus now...:) pm me if you interested

Jun 21, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #3,207 of 7,916

No, the Z3 Compact has the same DAC cause it uses the same SoC with some tweaks but with the same components. The Snap 810 has a more modern DAC. The Snap 800/801 uses the Hexagon QDSP6V5A and the Snap 810 uses the Hexagon V56, advertised as a high definition one with 24-bit precision.

tbh, im not rly worried about the DAC, i m more worried about the opamp used (which is the main cause of the distortion in my Z1C)

Jun 21, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #3,210 of 7,916
  tbh, im not rly worried about the DAC, i m more worried about the opamp used (which is the main cause of the distortion in my Z1C)

I don't know about the op amp of Z5 Compact but the Z5 line is the first from Sony to use the Hi-Res and DSEE HX labels and others so something good could be done in that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back