Best sleeves for Q-Jays
Jul 16, 2010 at 2:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

FLX

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I've just got my Q-Jays but the sleeves that come with it aren't the most comfortable ones. It has a small ring on the outside of the sleeve that starts to hurt when I wear it for more than 1 hour. Since I drive my motorcycle everyday, I care a lot about isolation and comfort of the sleeves, do you guys have any suggestions on what to get?

Much obliged,

Dennis

Jul 16, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 7
First I must warn you about the danger of D.U.I. (Driving Under Isolation). Beyond that, I think you could just use the included foam tips that comes with q-JAYS or get those Phonak PFE.eartip.. Phonak eartip is similar to those of q-JAYS but don't have the little 'bump'. If you have the time and means, you can try my O.J. mod as well.

Quote:
Hi,

I've just got my Q-Jays but the sleeves that come with it aren't the most comfortable ones. It has a small ring on the outside of the sleeve that starts to hurt when I wear it for more than 1 hour. Since I drive my motorcycle everyday, I care a lot about isolation and comfort of the sleeves, do you guys have any suggestions on what to get?

Much obliged,

Dennis

Jul 17, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #3 of 7
Hi ClieOS, thank you for your swift reply. Awesome avatar by the way, gotta love GiTS :D

Are these the ones you meant? Do they fit the Q-Jays? Do you have a store that ships to The Netherlands?

Anyway, how about the Shure sleeves? I've heard that these also offer good noise isolation, do you agree?

Thanks,

Dennis

Jul 17, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #4 of 7
Yes, those are what I am referring to. They will fit q-JAYS, as well as all other JAYS' in-ear. I do not know which store sells them though. If you are refering to the Shure black foam sleeve, then yes, they do isolate very good (but won't fit on JAYS w/o modifying). Shure silicone sleeve will fit on JAYS, but I don't find them to be better than the stock eartips by JAYS/

Jul 17, 2010 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 7
I'll see what I can do with the Phonak sleeves in terms of shipment, thanks.
The Shure black foam sleeves, are they very good? Never tried any foam ones, and the one the Q-Jays provide a bad seal. Since I use them on my bike won't they fall out or create a bad seal due to the vibrations?

Jul 18, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #6 of 7
Shure black foam, or 'olive' as how we usually refer it here, is probably one of the best foam tips around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back